News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Test Your Vocab

Started by garbon, July 27, 2011, 11:21:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

Tried that earlier.  I got 38.5k.  :smarty:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

katmai

i suck, same score as Garbon.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Grey Fox

28k words.

It's more then I expected. The fact that on the second list almost half the words I knew are also in french did help.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Solmyr

Got 30100 when I tried it last week.

Scipio

What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Syt

Quote from: Syt on July 27, 2011, 01:03:23 PM
30,700 :Embarrass:

Well, according to their statistics I fall into the top 0.3% of non-native speakers.  :huh:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

FunkMonk

You asses, I only got 32,300.  :mad:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

DontSayBanana

Lawyers, English and history majors/teachers have bigger vocabularies.  Who woulda thunk it? ;)
Experience bij!

DontSayBanana

31,700 for me, by the way.
Experience bij!