News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Will the US raise the debt ceiling in time?

Started by Jacob, July 26, 2011, 12:01:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will the US government pass a bill raising the debt ceiling before the money runs out

Yes it will
15 (51.7%)
No it won't
14 (48.3%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Voting closed: August 02, 2011, 12:01:22 AM

KRonn

There is a plan that Congress may/should vote on today, apparently. But I'm having serious doubts that this will get done in time. Or if a plan/budget is even passed then it still may not satisfy the S&Ps of the world and the US interest rate may get raised anyway. I may have to retreat to my bomb shelter until this all gets sorted out!   :tinfoil:

Fireblade

Quote from: Tyr on July 26, 2011, 07:39:01 AM
This time next month:

lulz, the best thing about this map is South Carolina, Tennessee, and Kentucky joining the EU.

Jacob

How did Tim become a Russian professor anyhow?

It's hard to decide what's the dumbest about that map....

Fireblade

Quote from: Jacob on July 26, 2011, 12:38:06 PM

Half of the South being "Mexican" is up there, yeah.

Norgy

Atlantic America in the EU? Berkut and Seedy in the EU? Yeah, that will go down well.

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Grey Fox

The dumbest thing is that all the state keep their territorial integrity. We will take back the Ohio delta!
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

DGuller

Quote from: Jacob on July 26, 2011, 12:38:06 PM

No shit.  It's like someone tried to geographically optimize the split of US, and seemed to not pay too much attention to cultural factors.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 26, 2011, 01:32:41 PM
The dumbest thing is that all the state keep their territorial integrity. We will take back the Ohio delta!

:yes: Whether partitioning or a complete government breakdown that ends up in the region being slowly picked back up piecemeal, border disputes are going to be inevitable.
Experience bij!

KRonn

Quote from: Norgy on July 26, 2011, 12:50:10 PM
Atlantic America in the EU? Berkut and Seedy in the EU? Yeah, that will go down well.
If that were to happen, may Hod help save the EU!     :D

derspiess

Can someone point out for me where the Ohio delta is?  :unsure:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

ulmont

Quote from: derspiess on July 26, 2011, 02:23:15 PM
Can someone point out for me where the Ohio delta is?  :unsure:

He means the Ohio Valley.  Roughly "Ohio, eastern Indiana, Western Pennsylvania, and northwestern West Virginia" per wikipedia.  Claimed by France (and Great Britain, and the Iroquois) and lost after the French and Indian War.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ohio_Valley