Yes - His Soul's Marching On!
22 (46.8%)
No - I'm a Puppet of the Slave Power
23 (48.9%)
Other - Gutless and Indecisive
2 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Razgovory

It's like the anti-Communists.  They would go on at length about about the tyranny the people in communist countries had to endure, but didn't really give a damn about them.  After all, they had no problem with the idea of dropping nuclear weaponry on them.  Better dead then red.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Slargos

Quote from: Razgovory on July 31, 2011, 04:51:10 AM
It's like the anti-Communists.  They would go on at length about about the tyranny the people in communist countries had to endure, but didn't really give a damn about them.  After all, they had no problem with the idea of dropping nuclear weaponry on them.  Better dead then red.

Why would anyone care what happens to communists?  :huh:

The idea is to prevent further spread of the infection.

Sure, some people also mourn dead flesh, for instance when a gangrenous limb is cut off, but it's just dead tissue and you wouldn't be keeping it anyway.

Razgovory

Quote from: Slargos on July 31, 2011, 07:26:49 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on July 31, 2011, 04:51:10 AM

Why would anyone care what happens to communists?  :huh:

The idea is to prevent further spread of the infection.

Sure, some people also mourn dead flesh, for instance when a gangrenous limb is cut off, but it's just dead tissue and you wouldn't be keeping it anyway.

We rated them higher then we rated Nazis.  :contract:  And Swedes for that matter.  You weren't in the Alliance, but if the balloon went up, you'd certainly have been eradicated.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

dps

Quote from: Martinus on July 31, 2011, 03:29:41 AM
Well, I heard some abolitionists were fundamentalist Christians

Almost all of them were.

Of course, so were almost all the slaveowners, and almost all the people who didn't really care one way or another, so that's really besides the point.

Razgovory

Quote from: dps on July 31, 2011, 02:27:56 PM

Almost all of them were.

Of course, so were almost all the slaveowners, and almost all the people who didn't really care one way or another, so that's really besides the point.

Define "fundamentalist", here.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Razgovory on July 31, 2011, 02:46:17 PM
Quote from: dps on July 31, 2011, 02:27:56 PM

Almost all of them were.

Define "fundamentalist", here.
Evangelical postmillennial Christianity hit its high water mark in the mid 19th century.

Current fundamentalitsits are of the premillennial variety.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point