News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

ANyone intrigued by Panzer Commander?

Started by Berkut, July 23, 2011, 11:12:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Basically a remake of Panzer General. I liked Panzer General.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

Which game are you actually talking about?  Do you mean Matrix's Panzer Corps?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

Oh, good.  It has a Nazi invasion of the USA scenario.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

viper37

Slitherine... the makers of Legion... hmm.  I'll wait.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Razgovory

Wow.  It really does look like Panzer General II.  If I have to buy it through Matrix games, pass.  The last to orders I made through them they charged me double.  Had to fight with them both times to get my money back.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

11B4V

Quote from: Berkut on July 23, 2011, 11:12:05 PM
Basically a remake of Panzer General. I liked Panzer General.

Sorry, but no. Hated it.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

Seriously considering getting this.  Let us see if my will can hold out a few more days.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Razgovory

Could not hold out, I ended up buying it.

Cecil

Quote from: Razgovory on July 27, 2011, 09:57:34 AM
Could not hold out, I ended up buying it.

Good. We expect a full review and an AAR in no less than 5 days.

Razgovory

Haven't played it much yet.  The game is kind of weird.  I like Beer and Pretzel games as much as the next guy, but I'm not sure what each unit is suppose to represent?  Regiments?  Divisions?  Corps?  Many Missions have a very large scale (like the whole of Germany), but not very many units.  I'm fairly certain the US didn't field divisions of Artillery, and Anti-tank guns.  It doesn't help that none of the units are named.  They are just given generic names like 45th Heavy Weapon Infantry or 63rd Battleship.  Perhaps this was the same with the original Panzer General (I don't recall), and I just knew less about what military units fought where. The library is a silly addition since it only has about a dozen entries for units, all tanks.  Some of the omissions are strange, like North Africa campaigns and the game lacks any desert tiles.  The maps are weird as well, due to the scale and some of the omissions there are strange.  It has Belleville Illinois but not St. Louis  The graphics are pretty, though.  Kind of reminds me of one of the Civ games.

Oh and playing the Overlord Scenario as the Germans the British capture Caen on the first turn. :lol:

Razgovory

Slargos

2 weeks and still not out on torrent sites. We are not amused.  <_<

Razgovory

Perhaps I'm being a stickler for historical accuracy here, but I thought Operation Husky occurred before Operation Avalanche.