News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

I was gone fishing

Started by Gaijin de Moscu, July 22, 2011, 03:16:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaijin de Moscu

Hi Guys,

I was looking at the bookmarks from my old life and saw Languish. Can't believe I haven't been here for years - my post count is zero again. The good memories all came back.

I have three excuses for my absence: Languish went secret for a while. I wrote 2 books. I changed 2 countries and had my third baby.

How have you all been?

Admiral Yi

Jacob

Gaijin!

Good to see you :hug:

What's new and where are you at? And what are the books about?

Me, I'm married (to the girl in the painting you bought from me, as a matter of fact). I live in a house, still in Vancouver. Got a dog, but no kids. Working on writing as well, but I only have short stories out so far.

mongers

Quote from: Gaijin de Moscu on July 22, 2011, 03:16:55 PM
Hi Guys,

I was looking at the bookmarks from my old life and saw Languish. Can't believe I haven't been here for years - my post count is zero again. The good memories all came back.

I have three excuses for my absence: Languish went secret for a while. I wrote 2 books. I changed 2 countries and had my third baby.

How have you all been?

Gaijin, good to hear from you. :cheers:

Sounds like you've had plenty of reasons to be absent from this quite corner of the interwebs.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Jacob

Oh... now I see your sig. So that's what you wrote :)

Josquius

Finished uni...ish. Moving to Japan next week. Myeh.
██████
██████
██████

Gaijin de Moscu

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 22, 2011, 03:18:09 PM
Kill the fatted calf! :)

It's killed for you :) have a good chunk!

Admiral Yi

Hey Gaijin, by any chance does your wife have any friends that might be willing to correspond with a somewhat eccentric Southern Mormon?  You could maybe pitch it as English practice.  If they're willing to dress up as anime characters that would be very helpful, but not a dealbreaker if they aren't.

Gaijin de Moscu

Quote from: Jacob on July 22, 2011, 03:18:57 PM
Gaijin!

Good to see you :hug:

What's new and where are you at? And what are the books about?

Me, I'm married (to the girl in the painting you bought from me, as a matter of fact). I live in a house, still in Vancouver. Got a dog, but no kids. Working on writing as well, but I only have short stories out so far.

Hi Jacob! So I have the painting of your beautiful wife on my bookshelf! I love that painting, and have been treating it well through the years and through my travels.

I'll go read your stories. I have a few shorts too, but not too many...

I'm in Geneva again, made another circle.

Gaijin de Moscu

Quote from: Tyr on July 22, 2011, 03:20:22 PM
Finished uni...ish. Moving to Japan next week. Myeh.

Wow, nice. Enjoy Nihon! Which place are you going to?

Malthus

Woah.

How long have you been gone?
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Ideologue

Everything sucks.  Glad you're well, good to see you. :)
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Gaijin de Moscu

Quote from: Malthus on July 22, 2011, 03:27:49 PM
Woah.

How long have you been gone?

For about 3 years, I believe. In my defense - I did make an attempt to rejoin, but was ignored.

Gaijin de Moscu

Grey Fox

Welcome back Quitter.

Most of us got Kids and/or married and/or moved and/or changed job.

Ed Anger(Monkeybutt) did all those things, multiple times.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.