News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Hess Buried At Sea

Started by jimmy olsen, July 21, 2011, 08:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Why the hell would Neo-Nazis visit his grave? I knew they were stupid, but that's just retarded.

http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,,15255836,00.html

QuoteRudolf Hess is to be buried at sea 24 years after being laid to rest in a German cemetery. His graveside has been a pilgrimage site for right-wing extremists, but his family deny they were pressured to move the grave.

The remains of Adolf Hitler's deputy in the Nazi party during Germany's Third Reich have been exhumed and are to be buried at sea, it was revealed Thursday.

An official with the Protestant church in the town of Wunsiedel in the southern German state of Bavaria confirmed a report in the Süddeutsche Zeitung that Hess' body was exhumed - and the grave destroyed - early on Wednesday.

This coincided with the 67th anniversary of an attempt by a German officer to assassinate Hitler. Hess' remains are to be cremated and the ashes cast into the sea, but where and when this is to happen has not been announced.

Hess was laid to rest in Wunsiedel following his death in a Berlin prison in 1987. His burial there was delayed for seven months in an effort to avoid the event becoming a magnet for neo-Nazis. Since then, the grave site had been a site of pilgrimage for right-wing extremists, particularly around the anniversary of his death on August 17.

Expired lease

The lease on the grave site was coming up for renewal, but the local church council decided not to extend it. According to the newspaper report, Hess' family had initially objected but eventually agreed to the move.

Rudolf Hess is remembered for having flown and parachuted into Scotland in an apparent bid to bring an early end to World War II by negotiating a peace agreement.

He was found guilty of crimes against peace and conspiracy to plan an aggressive war at the Nuremberg trials in 1946, and sentenced to life in prison. Hess committed suicide in his prison cell at the age of 93.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Viking

he lies next to his fellow channeller of hate OBL. B.I.H.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Razgovory

I actually felt sorry for Hess, he was so stupid and crazy he probably had little idea what he was doing (which, after Hitler came to power, wasn't much).  He was kept in prison, while many with culpability as great or greater were let go.  He probably should have been put in a mental ward.  I saw him as sort of a Renfield type character.  Also, I think he may be distantly related to me. :ph34r:

When I was in college I found a book that described a conspiracy theory that claimed that Hess was actually killed and someone sent a duplicate to fly to Britain.  I only scanned the book, and forgot about it until I starting posting on Pdox where someone brought this up and actually believed this theory.  I think it was the most bizarre conspiracy theory I've ever heard of.  I was incredulous that anyone could possibly believe something so stupid.

No idea why Nazis still venerate the guy, but they aren't the most level headed types anyway.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Neil

Wasn't this mega-illegal or something when the Americans did it?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

MadImmortalMan

Lease on a grave? Can't a man ever be free of the threat of eviction?  :lol:
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Razgovory

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on July 21, 2011, 10:01:22 PM

I think it's common in Europe, where people can't stand the idea of someone only a bit of land.  I'm surprised they haven't evicted all those dead GIs from the military cemeteries.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Razgovory

Quote from: Neil on July 21, 2011, 10:00:21 PM

When the Americans did what?  Cremate Hess and throw him in the sea?  I thought that was something you could do only once.

Neil

Quote from: Razgovory on July 21, 2011, 10:09:01 PM

When the Americans did what?  Cremate Hess and throw him in the sea?  I thought that was something you could do only once.
bin Laden.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

Quote from: Neil on July 21, 2011, 10:19:30 PM

bin Laden.

That was just the story for public consumption.  They took his body to the White House where Obama ate his heart and gained his power.

Monoriu

Quote from: Razgovory on July 21, 2011, 10:24:16 PM

That was just the story for public consumption.  They took his body to the White House where Obama ate his heart and gained his power.

What power?  :unsure:

Razgovory

I can't discuss this with a Chinese National on the board.  You know how it is.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Razgovory on July 21, 2011, 11:08:44 PM
I can't discuss this with a Chinese National on the board.  You know how it is.

How about a Canadian National?

or a British National?

Mono's versatile like that.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Razgovory on July 21, 2011, 10:08:00 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on July 21, 2011, 10:01:22 PM

I think it's common in Europe, where people can't stand the idea of someone only a bit of land.

No kidding.  They sprinkled the Jews all over the place, subject to prevailing winds.

Josephus

Quote from: Neil on July 21, 2011, 10:19:30 PM

bin Laden.

Completely different. The Americans went in and executed Bin Laden without bringing him to trial.
Hess was tried, found guilty and imprisoned. He offed himself.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011