News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on June 04, 2016, 04:06:13 AM
Bad opener for the US, they should have got a tailored draw à la Platini for France  :smarty:

These are not glorious times for our MNT.

QuoteNo own goal and mafia hit for Colombia this time. I suppose the Yanks could blame Obama or Trump though.  :hmm:

Oh come on! We have played them many times since then.

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Valmy on June 06, 2016, 12:18:41 PM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on June 04, 2016, 04:06:13 AM
Bad opener for the US, they should have got a tailored draw à la Platini for France  :smarty:

These are not glorious times for our MNT.

They heard you! Victory 4-0 vs Costa Rica.

Colombia is presently leading 2-0 vs Paraguay in the other night game.

Duque de Bragança

More Copa América

Another 7-1 with Brazil involved. This time vs Haiti.  :P

Peru 2 Ecuador 2

Ecuador plays last againt Haiti so Peru is in trouble I'd say.

Maladict

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on June 09, 2016, 12:20:47 AM

I thought you meant a Haiti win.  :mad:

Liep

The biggest Danish defensive talent in recent decades is announcing his retirement at only 31. Agger had a promising career ahead of him and did have some amazing games in his years, but unfortunately it turned out that his body was made of glass.

:(
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Maladict on June 09, 2016, 03:05:19 AM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on June 09, 2016, 12:20:47 AM

I thought you meant a Haiti win.  :mad:

Mission accomplished with a misleading formulation!  :ph34r:

Duque de Bragança

Copa América

Uruguay out! First upset of the tournament. No vampire in their squad sucked of lifeforce for Cavani (PSG player) was uninspired. Lost to Venezuela 0-1

In the other game, Mexico 2 Jamaica 0. So more noisy Mexican football fans for Valmy.  :P

MadImmortalMan

My cousin is a ref in the Copa. I thought about trucking in a bunch of Texas flags to see if the Chilean fans would buy them but decided against it.  :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Valmy

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on June 10, 2016, 02:35:06 AM
In the other game, Mexico 2 Jamaica 0. So more noisy Mexican football fans for Valmy.  :P

So bummed we bailed them out in 2014. Anyway USA is going for its traditional 1-1-1 group stage result. It will be enough provided Colombia can handle Costa Rica.

So nice how we can host a major FIFA event and hardly blink while Brazil is still reeling from the trauma of hosting the WC. Or hell look what poor France is enduring right now.

BTW wow does Canada suck. Not getting in this event where we took the top six CONCACAF is a new low.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

celedhring

Spanish international players De Gea, Isco and Muniain allegedly being investigated for sexual abuse in 2012, according to a police leak in the Spanish press.

Duque de Bragança

Copa América

Chile 2 Bolivia 1

Bolivia out. Victory goal on a not-so clear penalty in the extra time 90 + 8 ! Bolivia had a chance to equalise before the end though (90 + 10)

Argentina 5 Panama 0

Messi wakes up and Argentina is qualified for quarters. 3 goals for Messi against weak opposition. Di Maria out due to injury though.

Valmy

On to the knock out round!

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

katmai

Quote from: PDH on June 11, 2016, 08:25:53 PM
Quote from: Valmy on June 11, 2016, 08:18:58 PM
On to the knock out round!

:)

:(  Likely against Brazil...

Not so fast PeeDee, Costa Rica upset Colombia so USA finished first and likely will get Ecuador.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

PDH

See, my pessimism paid off.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM