Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

derspiess

So we got a USL franchise this year, and they are breaking records for attendance.  There is already talk of them moving up to MLS, which I guess would be cool.  They just announced today that they'll host a friendly vs. Crystal Palace in mid-July.

I really underestimated the draw of soccer in this town.  They did it right by having the games at Nippert Stadium (the U of Cincinnati football field) so it's conveniently located for the college students, and they smartly marketed it towards millennials, whom I guess are really into soccer.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Tamas

Barrister

Quote from: Tamas on May 20, 2016, 11:03:26 AM
It's called football.

Seriously Tamas?  You're going to try and start THAT ONE up again?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Tamas

celedhring

Josquius

Quote from: derspiess on May 19, 2016, 03:27:08 PM
So we got a USL franchise this year, and they are breaking records for attendance.  There is already talk of them moving up to MLS, which I guess would be cool.  They just announced today that they'll host a friendly vs. Crystal Palace in mid-July.

I really underestimated the draw of soccer in this town.  They did it right by having the games at Nippert Stadium (the U of Cincinnati football field) so it's conveniently located for the college students, and they smartly marketed it towards millennials, whom I guess are really into soccer.
Another team in MLS?

Given their allergy to promotion and relegation I wonder what the future is for MLS. A central conference?
██████
██████
██████

Josquius

Wtf is wrong with man utd?
They have their best season in years...and sack the manager.

I wonder whether it's van Gaals lack of charisma they're objecting to. Hiring Moriniho purely for his crazy media personality.
██████
██████
██████

The Larch

Quote from: Tyr on May 23, 2016, 04:15:03 PM
Wtf is wrong with man utd?
They have their best season in years...and sack the manager.

I wonder whether it's van Gaals lack of charisma they're objecting to. Hiring Moriniho purely for his crazy media personality.

Apparently the players hated Van Gaal's guts. And it's not been their best season, they were 4th and qualified for the Champions League last year.

celedhring

Quote from: The Larch on May 23, 2016, 05:53:16 PM

Apparently the players hated Van Gaal's guts. And it's not been their best season, they were 4th and qualified for the Champions League last year.

Lies and slander, that's impossible.  :hmm:

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on May 24, 2016, 02:47:29 AM
Quote from: The Larch on May 23, 2016, 05:53:16 PM

Lies and slander, that's impossible.  :hmm:

I know, he has such a charming personality.  :P

Liep

Mourinho confirmed for United. I've liked that team ever since I saw Schmeichel play for them in the 90's so it'll be interesting/heart wrenching to see if he can turn the team into an object of disdain as he did with Chelsea who I also liked until 2004. :P
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk