News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Quote from: Valmy on March 04, 2016, 02:15:45 PM
The crazy celebration when the Dallas Cowboys are going down to the World League would be epic.

Yeah, when rival teams go down the celebrations are sometimes even embarrassing. But fun.

Liep

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 04, 2016, 07:24:42 PM
Chinese teams spent $300 million on transfer fees, more than the top five Euro leagues combined.

In the January window?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Liep on March 04, 2016, 10:18:01 PM
In the January window?

Dude, I don't follow the sport.  I just read an article.

The Larch

Quote from: Liep on March 04, 2016, 10:18:01 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 04, 2016, 07:24:42 PM
Chinese teams spent $300 million on transfer fees, more than the top five Euro leagues combined.

In the January window?

Must be, in the summer window European leagues spend way more than that.

celedhring

Spain alone spent €600m during this past summer window. The Chinese league starts in February so winter is going to be their big purchasing season.

Liep

Premier League has spent more than £1 billion total this season and about £130 million ($185m) in January according to Deloitte.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Also, is that net spending or total spending Yi?

celedhring

Quote from: Liep on March 05, 2016, 06:50:44 AM

Total spending, most surely. That's how it's usually accounted. Net spending is probably close to that, since I can't see Chinese league players being a hot commodity in the football market...

Norgy

Kan Skore would probably command a high fee.

Liep

Two stupid yellow cards by that Arsenal player whose name I cannot spell. 2mm from a goal to Tottenham. Arsenal extremely close to failing again.

Liep

celedhring

Arsenal  :nelson:

I actually like them, but the way they lie down and die every February-March is too farcical.

celedhring

Leicester won that match, at the end. If they win their actual match later today, they'll start to get very very close to winning the league. What an achievement that would be.

Josephus

Quote from: Liep on March 05, 2016, 06:50:44 AM

It's actually Yuan not Yi.

:P
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josquius

Typical sunderland. Last kick of the game throw away a win.  <_<
At least the other strugglers lost but.... I worry
██████
██████
██████