Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

celedhring

To be honest, I actually kinda like them, but the way they just lie down and die every March-April is pretty comical.

FunkMonk

The one constant in the Premier League still in effect this year is the traditional Arsenal collapse.

Goddammit.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Liep

Rayo 0 - 0 Barca

Goes away two minutes to make coffee

Rayo 0 - 2 Barca

<_<
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Well I did get 4 goals and 2 red cards. Boring game though.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

FunkMonk

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/mar/04/champions-league-leicester-relevent-sports-charlie-stillitano

Champions League does not need likes of Leicester, says US sports executive
• Charlie Stillitano discussed league restructuring with five English clubs
• 'What would Manchester United argue: did we create soccer or did Leicester?'

What a shit idea
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Maladict

Quote from: FunkMonk on March 04, 2016, 06:49:56 AM
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/mar/04/champions-league-leicester-relevent-sports-charlie-stillitano

Champions League does not need likes of Leicester, says US sports executive
• Charlie Stillitano discussed league restructuring with five English clubs
• 'What would Manchester United argue: did we create soccer or did Leicester?'

What a shit idea

Quote"This is going to sound arrogant "

Yes. Yes, it does.

celedhring

Keep Americans out of football reason #12314  :P

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on March 04, 2016, 07:12:19 AM
Keep Americans out of football reason #12314  :P

Sadly it's a mentality that is spreading. Last year Lazio's president and one of the head honchos of Serie A was caught on record badmouthing the possibility that too many small teams were getting promoted to Serie A while historical big teams languished in lower divisions, which made their TV rights lose value. Then again I guess that he doesn't enjoy seeing Sassuolo (from a small city in the Emilia Romagna, who have to play in a different city to have a big enough stadium to play their home games at) currently ahead of teams like Torino, Sampdoria, Genoa, Udinese or his own Lazio in the standings.  :P

Norgy

I'm glad FIFA at least is a transparent organisation determined to fight corruption in the beautiful game.

Maladict

I do think it would be a good idea to let previous winners automatically qualify for events like, say, the European Championships.

Norgy

Quote from: Maladict on March 04, 2016, 08:00:22 AM
I do think it would be a good idea to let previous winners automatically qualify for events like, say, the European Championships.

Previous winners in general, or the last championship winner?

Maladict

Quote from: Norgy on March 04, 2016, 08:01:33 AM
Quote from: Maladict on March 04, 2016, 08:00:22 AM

Previous winners in general, or the last championship winner?

General. Very important distinction.

Norgy

I think we might have a problem with getting the USSR on board.

celedhring

Who does get to fill in for Czechoslovakia's slot?  :hmm: