News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Syt

After losing 0-6 in Valencia, Rapid Vienna lost 0-4 at home. :lol:

Additionally, there may be a fine for the Rapid fans' banner:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Syt

Quote from: celedhring on February 26, 2016, 02:46:38 PM
Subtle.

It's Rapid. Their fans are not known for subtlety. Or intelligence.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

MadBurgerMaker

There's apparently a new USL soccer team here:

Gee.  I wonder which local organization owns them.  Anyway, they're taking over the stadium for the NASL team they effectively killed and have people sticking magnets (of this logo) on stuff all over the city.  I never did go to a Scorpions game, although I guess they were pretty good for a couple of years of their short existence.  The stadium is in kind of an annoying location (20 miles of driving in the city ugh).

FunkMonk

Scorpions games were fun and the stadium was really nice. Sad that they're gone but it's not like they became a super popular establishment in the city.

Hoping the new team is decent and that they get into MLS pretty soon.  I'd like to see DC United play SAFC soon.  :bowler:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

MadBurgerMaker

How likely is it that they will move up to MLS?  Any idea?  All I've seen is the propaganda info put out by the Express News saying this particular league is "more affiliated" with MLS than the NASL. 

FunkMonk

USL is supposed to magically confer a better chance of getting in, which I don't buy.

Possibly the financial and political backing by the Spurs organization is what might entice MLS into picking them up eventually. Other than that, I really have no idea.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

dps

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on February 27, 2016, 12:48:37 AM
How likely is it that they will move up to MLS?  Any idea?  All I've seen is the propaganda info put out by the Express News saying this particular league is "more affiliated" with MLS than the NASL. 

Basically, from what I gather, some USL teams have affiliations with MLS teams for player loans and the like, mostly to improve player development, but apparently the San Antonio club is one that doesn't have such an affiliation.  At any rate, I don't see how that would help a club move up to MLS, and NASL is considered a higher level league than USL anyway.

Liep

Rashford is having the best week of his life.

Liep

Back when Madrid was a legit team to root for:

celedhring

Quote from: Liep on February 29, 2016, 05:23:57 AM

[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CcX-7k5WEAAzdEl.jpg

Your Danishness is clouding your judgment here.  :glare:

Liep

Quote from: celedhring on February 29, 2016, 07:02:07 AM
Quote from: Liep on February 29, 2016, 05:23:57 AM

[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CcX-7k5WEAAzdEl.jpg

Your Danishness is clouding your judgment here.  :glare:

So I shouldn't wear my Laudrup Real Madrid jersey when visiting Barcelona in March? :P