And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Quote from: Liep on January 07, 2016, 05:23:22 AM
Quote from: Josephus on January 06, 2016, 09:00:13 PM
Do you think this will be getting coverage on sports news if the Chelsea doctor wasn't a woman...and hot?

http://www.espnfc.us/chelsea/story/2781310/eva-carneiro-dismissal-case-vs-chelsea-goes-to-full-tribunal

So that this discrimination case is getting attention is discrimination? Primarily I think this gets attention because of the well known douchebaggery that is Mourinho.

I think Mourinhio plays a key part. I'm just arguing though that if the team doctor was a 40-year-old bloke it wouldn't get half the attention.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Liep

Quote from: Josephus on January 07, 2016, 08:42:38 AM
Quote from: Liep on January 07, 2016, 05:23:22 AM
Quote from: Josephus on January 06, 2016, 09:00:13 PM
Do you think this will be getting coverage on sports news if the Chelsea doctor wasn't a woman...and hot?

http://www.espnfc.us/chelsea/story/2781310/eva-carneiro-dismissal-case-vs-chelsea-goes-to-full-tribunal

So that this discrimination case is getting attention is discrimination? Primarily I think this gets attention because of the well known douchebaggery that is Mourinho.

I think Mourinhio plays a key part. I'm just arguing though that if the team doctor was a 40-year-old bloke it wouldn't get half the attention.

The whole point is to find out if she has been treated the same way as a 40 year old bloke would've or not. It's news because she's a woman and there's not many of them in the Premier League, so you're right in that.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Who will throw away their title chance first: Arsenal or Leicester?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Pedrito

Atletico Madrid and Real Madrid will be barred to do any buying for the next two market sessions: they made some illegal signings of underage players.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Josephus

Quote from: Pedrito on January 14, 2016, 09:12:01 AM
Atletico Madrid and Real Madrid will be barred to do any buying for the next two market sessions: they made some illegal signings of underage players.

L.

REal Madrid are having all sorts of back office issues this year.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josquius

Sunderland have gone two games without being a total embarrassment :w00t:

Yesterday's referee though. .... it was some amateur brought in at the last moment when mariner (also crap) fell ill.
Jesus that guy. Gave Swansea a penalty when their player kicked the ground and fell over and then to make up for it sent one of their players off for no reason.

Quote from: Liep on January 07, 2016, 05:24:29 AM
Quote from: Tyr on January 07, 2016, 03:23:21 AM
No. Weren't they crying sexism from the moment she was sacked?

Who are 'they'?
The press.
██████
██████
██████

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Liep

katmai

katmai

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Liep

Eriksen scores twice by deflected shots and Danish press goes apeshit. We really need better players so the papers don't have to focus so much on our only star. :(

Josquius

Today results were :bleeding: all round
██████
██████
██████

Zanza

Uli Hoeness will be released from prison (for tax fraud) end of February. He had made Bayern into the club they are today between 1979 and 2014 (when he was arrested). Will be interesting to see if he will come back into a more public role. As part of his rehabilitation he had already been allowed to work with Bayern's youth team.

Syt

I've always liked Uli Hoeneß. He's a dickwad for committing tax fraud, but as you say - he turned Bayern into what the club is today and laid a foundation where they're one of the financially strongest and most solid clubs in Europe's top tier.

And his interviews were always funny, often in an arrogant way, but he would rarely bullshit. I particularly recall when Christoph Daum was tagged as future German team coach, and Hoeneß stepped forward saying that with Daum's history of drug abuse this would be an inappropriate decision. Daum rejected the claims, and the general public immediately sided with him. Eventually Daum did a drug test which indeed came back positive.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.