News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

So Tokyo Sexwale is an actual name? And he's Blatter's man? FIFA can officially no longer surprise me.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josquius

There's a pretty interesting looking documentary just started on BBC. It's about Salford Utd- the non-league team bought by  a bunch of the Man Utd class of 92.

There seems to be quite a lot of non-league teams with big ideas these days. It'll be interesting to see in the future which ones make something of themselves. FC United are doing pretty well, seems to be only a matter of time before they break into the League.
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Quote from: Liep on October 26, 2015, 04:21:09 AM
So Tokyo Sexwale is an actual name? And he's Blatter's man? FIFA can officially no longer surprise me.

Guy has been mentioned on Languish several times over the years.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Liep

How Terry is still in the starting eleven for Chelsea is beyond me. It's like Mourinho wants to make sure the opposition at least gets a goal or two.

So far he's lucky Liverpool can't actually make a qualified finish and that the ref thinks Terry's arm flailing about in a 90 degree angle is a natural position.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Liep

Josquius

It's funny, thinking back to pre-season where the pundits were making their predictions...
Chelsea was OVERWHELMINGLY the favourite for the title. Only one or two dissenting voices when the BBC asked a variety of people.
██████
██████
██████

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Josephus

Quote from: Tyr on October 31, 2015, 09:24:07 AM
It's funny, thinking back to pre-season where the pundits were making their predictions...
Chelsea was OVERWHELMINGLY the favourite for the title. Only one or two dissenting voices when the BBC asked a variety of people.

Yeah, but to be fair, no one could see this coming.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josquius

Yeah. Chelsea doing so badly is really crazily unexpected. But they didn't even see them doing mediocre :lol:
██████
██████
██████

FunkMonk

QuoteDes Kelly: José, a 3-1 defeat after a fabulous start to the game, the game just got away from you then?

José Mourinho: I have nothing, nothing to say.

Kelly: Nothing to say about the game at all?

Mourinho: Nothing, nothing to say.

Kelly: Nothing to say about the Lucas [Leiva] decision that left him on the pitch?

Mourinho: Nothing to say, I have nothing to say.

Kelly: The [Diego] Costa clash?

Mourinho: Nothing to say, I am so sorry, I have nothing to say.

Kelly: Do you not think it's time to have a chat to the fans to give them some message, an indication of your thinking?

Mourinho: They are not stupid.

Kelly: We heard them chanting your name.

Mourinho: The fans are not stupid.

Kelly: You did say before this game that you were not worried, are you a little bit more worried now?

Mourinho: Worried about what?

Kelly: Your future, your own position at the club, the backing of the board?

Mourinho: No.

Kelly: Nothing about the game at all?

Kelly: No individual performance you would like to pick out?

Kelly: Nothing about the performance going ahead?

Mourinho: Nothing.

Kelly: Nothing about the way we could fix it?

Mourinho: I cannot say.

Kelly: Thank you for your time, José.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/oct/31/jose-mourinho-interview-chelsea-liverpool-btsport-transcript
:lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Liep

They're making fun of Ronaldo's free kicks in the studio before the game. He has the lowest ratio of goals/kicks of any "star shooter". Their compilation of his kicks includes some amazingly bad ones.

The Larch

Quote from: Liep on November 03, 2015, 02:33:52 PM
They're making fun of Ronaldo's free kicks in the studio before the game. He has the lowest ratio of goals/kicks of any "star shooter". Their compilation of his kicks includes some amazingly bad ones.

There was some small controversy at Real Madrid about his free kick shooting when the league began because he was hogging the ball so much that he prevented other talented kickers to take some chances.

Liep

Great game, PSG is playing very well and should've scored a couple but is behind because of a goalie mistake. That pass from Di Maria. :o

Ronaldo missed another free kick.