News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanza

Bayern will cancel your season ticket if you visit less than eight home games per season. They'll assign available season tickets to those people that bought and used the most regular tickets in the last season, i.e. those that demonstrated that they'll actually go to the games.

Syt

Quote from: Zanza on October 19, 2015, 11:11:26 AM
Bayern will cancel your season ticket if you visit less than eight home games per season. They'll assign available season tickets to those people that bought and used the most regular tickets in the last season, i.e. those that demonstrated that they'll actually go to the games.

That makes sense. Otherwise you end up with lots of rich people who buy a ticket to have their seat in case they're in Munich that year.

Kinda like in some real estate markets. :hmm:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Larch

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 19, 2015, 04:20:48 AM
Quote from: The Larch on October 19, 2015, 04:18:21 AM
Normally the bigger the club is the more difficult to get season tickets. AFAIK Real Madrid and Barcelona have crazy long waiting lists.

At those prices I would be surprised if they weren't.

Is it easy to scalp tickets in Spain--i.e. sell your ticket to a stranger at the gate?

That's very common for big matches.

Liep

Bayern fans staged a surprisingly well covered complaint about the high ticket prices at emerites. Stayed outside for the first five minutes and then walked to their seat to applause from the British fans.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

I could get behind this Bayern team. No Robben or Ribery, but a fun Costa and strong Lewandowski.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

celedhring

Quote from: The Larch on October 19, 2015, 12:01:45 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 19, 2015, 04:20:48 AM
Quote from: The Larch on October 19, 2015, 04:18:21 AM
Normally the bigger the club is the more difficult to get season tickets. AFAIK Real Madrid and Barcelona have crazy long waiting lists.

At those prices I would be surprised if they weren't.

Is it easy to scalp tickets in Spain--i.e. sell your ticket to a stranger at the gate?

That's very common for big matches.

Barça have often tried to crack down on it, but it remains pretty common.

Liep

The French hand of God is more clumsy than the Argentinian version.

Liep

Madrid and Paris somehow didn't score with all that offensive firepower. Most successful tonight was the streaker who got a hug from Ronaldo.

celedhring

Johan Cruyff diagnosed with lung cancer :(

He used to be a chain-smoker, until he quit in the 90s after a stroke. I guess it finally caught up with him.

Liep

Quote from: celedhring on October 22, 2015, 03:04:19 AM

He used to be a chain-smoker, until he quit in the 90s after a stroke. I guess it finally caught up with him.

Sad, but Johan Cruyff is a disliked man in Denmark so I'm not really sad.

celedhring

Quote from: Liep on October 22, 2015, 03:07:37 AM

How so? His issues with Laudrup?

Liep

Quote from: celedhring on October 22, 2015, 03:08:37 AM
Quote from: Liep on October 22, 2015, 03:07:37 AM

How so? His issues with Laudrup?

Yes, Laudrup is God here.

celedhring

So, he sells your best player 20 years ago and the country hates him? That's small time  :P

Liep

Quote from: celedhring on October 22, 2015, 03:14:49 AM
So, he sells your best player 20 years ago and the country hates him? That's small time  :P

Richard Møller Nielsen who won us the '92 EC was unpopular even after the win because Michael Laudrup didn't like him (and therefore didn't play in the '92 tournament).

Liep

Also, you have to consider who he sold him to (no matter whose decision that was). Cruyff singlehandedly forced us as a nation to root for Real Madrid. That's war crime level monstrosity.