News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Liep on October 18, 2015, 04:55:50 AM
It's Denmark -Sweden in the playoff. :w00t:

Not exactly the best possible draw for both teams...

Since Liep only cares about Denmark, someone has to mention the other playoffs:

Ukraine-Slovenia

There's no Sheva anymore but Ukraine should be favorite.

Bosnia-Ireland

No Portugal to prevent Bosnia from qualifying but then no France to cheat with a handball.  :P

Norway-Hungary

Most boring playoff?

Josephus

Why is the Dane wearing underwear that says Paddy Power?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Liep

Quote from: Josephus on October 18, 2015, 07:11:23 AM
Why is the Dane wearing underwear that says Paddy Power?

You don't remember the scandal? He scored a goal last EC and showed off that little commercial much to the dismay of UEFA who fined him heavily for it.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

I read that a season ticket to see Arsenal now cost about 20 times one to see Bayern München, £2,016 vs £105; value for money?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josquius

German football is amazingly well priced.

I wonder what Spanish prices are like. I've been talking with some friends about a Madrid trip someday to see an Athletico game.
██████
██████
██████

mongers

Quote from: Tyr on October 18, 2015, 05:43:15 PM

I wonder what Spanish prices are like. I've been talking with some friends about a Madrid trip someday to see an Athletico game.

I read it in a Daily Wail article.  :blush:

Found at link here, not sure how kosher the research is:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-3272922/Premier-League-hit-BBC-s-Price-Football-study-research-suggests-cheapest-adult-ticket-passed-30.html

BBC research, though not the original item:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34517474
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

The Larch

Quote from: Tyr on October 18, 2015, 05:43:15 PM

Pretty expensive, but of course not British expensive.

Admiral Yi

Can anyone waltz up to a ticket window and buy a season ticket to the Munchkins for 105 Yuros, or is it one of those waiting list-your dad has to be a member-the books are closed right now membership deals?

Syt

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 19, 2015, 04:08:59 AM
Can anyone waltz up to a ticket window and buy a season ticket to the Munchkins for 105 Yuros, or is it one of those waiting list-your dad has to be a member-the books are closed right now membership deals?

For Bayern Munich, there's a contingent of 38,000 season tickets. Existing owners get preference.  After that I would presume there's a waiting list. I'm guessing being a member of the club also helps. Prices are between 140 (standing room behind the goals) and 750 Euros (grandstand).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Larch

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 19, 2015, 04:08:59 AM

Normally the bigger the club is the more difficult to get season tickets. AFAIK Real Madrid and Barcelona have crazy long waiting lists.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: The Larch on October 19, 2015, 04:18:21 AM
Normally the bigger the club is the more difficult to get season tickets. AFAIK Real Madrid and Barcelona have crazy long waiting lists.

At those prices I would be surprised if they weren't.

Is it easy to scalp tickets in Spain--i.e. sell your ticket to a stranger at the gate?

Josquius

I'm friends with a German guy who has a season ticket for some team back home (Dortmund I think? Not sure...it has a big terrace called the wall or something like that, though his most favoured team is Nuremberg....), despite the fact that he only ever gets to maybe 5 games a year max.
The ticket is cheap enough (150 euros or so iirc?) and has a long waiting list so he keeps renewing it despite not living there anymore.
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on October 19, 2015, 04:14:30 AM
Prices are between 140 (standing room behind the goals) and 750 Euros (grandstand).

Woah.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Zanza

Quote from: Tyr on October 19, 2015, 04:21:49 AM
I'm friends with a German guy who has a season ticket for some team back home (Dortmund I think? Not sure...it has a big terrace called the wall or something like that, though his most favoured team is Nuremberg....), despite the fact that he only ever gets to maybe 5 games a year max.
The ticket is cheap enough (150 euros or so iirc?) and has a long waiting list so he keeps renewing it despite not living there anymore.
The Dortmund "yellow wall" must be among the very best in any football stadium in the world. It's 25.000 places for standing visitors.