Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

lol Holland are garbage
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Maladict

Quote from: FunkMonk on September 06, 2015, 09:08:12 PM
lol Holland are garbage

Seriously. A new addition to a tradition of embarrassing implosions.

Norgy

Norway beat Croatia. I think the team actually wants to play in the Euros.
It was even well-deserved.

Duque de Bragança

Well, it seems Denmark has decided to help Portugal by having a goalless tie with Armenia.

Later in the evening, Portugal was not exactly inspired and outright boring at times but managed to grab a win in Albania by a 92' goal on a set-up piece.
Albanians can still qualify with two games yet  to play, while Denmark only has a game left to play, in Portugal.

1   Portugal   6   4   15
2   Denmark   7   4   12
3   Albania   6   4   11
4   Armenia   7   -6   2
5   Serbia   6   -6   1

Liep

It has been a long time since our national team has played so poorly as they did tonight against Armenia.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josquius

I wonder if the latest upsurge in lesser footballing nations could be related to the decline in importance of international football for the worlds top players
██████
██████
██████

Alcibiades

I don't follow soccer well enough, what do you mean by that?   :hmm:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Norgy

I loathe Portugal, Italy and Spain and hope their planes, ehm, get delayed for their next away fixtures.

Josephus

Quote from: Alcibiades on September 07, 2015, 06:53:57 PM

He meams that top flight football players don't really want to play international football. Not sure if there's substantial evidence for that though.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Liep

Quote from: Norgy on September 07, 2015, 07:09:32 PM
I loathe Portugal

:yes:

But that late goal was very helpful for Denmark so I'll give them a pass in this round. :P
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Liep on September 08, 2015, 02:57:34 AM
I loathe Portugal

But that late goal was very helpful for Denmark so I'll give them a pass in this round. :P

Selective sour grapes. The worst kind! A tie would have been even more helpful for Denmark. ;)

Liep

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on September 08, 2015, 03:06:33 AM
Quote from: Liep on September 08, 2015, 02:57:34 AM
I loathe Portugal

Selective sour grapes. The worst kind! A tie would have been even more helpful for Denmark. ;)

That's assuming we can beat Portugal which, judging from yesterday, we definitely can't.

Syt

Quote from: Josephus on September 07, 2015, 07:21:51 PM
Quote from: Alcibiades on September 07, 2015, 06:53:57 PM

He meams that top flight football players don't really want to play international football. Not sure if there's substantial evidence for that though.

It's an argument that keeps thrown about a fair bit, especially by teams that play their regular league, plus Champions League, saying that their players are under too much stress from all those matches. Not to mention risk of injury during international matches.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Norgy

Quote from: Tyr on September 07, 2015, 05:42:03 PM
I wonder if the latest upsurge in lesser footballing nations could be related to the decline in importance of international football for the worlds top players

I think you can make a case for that.

Being an international isn't what it used to be. Most footballers are coddled, overpaid mercenaries who will play anywhere. I still remember a bunch of part-timers taking down mighty England in Oslo in 1981.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.