And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Quote from: Valmy on September 03, 2015, 08:00:57 AM
Quote from: Tyr on September 03, 2015, 06:32:27 AM
It's fair to ignore it though considering it is detached from mls. Maybe mls expansion teams will be drawn from there, who knows, but it is doubtful mls owners would be big on their teams being relegated to the nasl,

Somehow I don't think Premier League owners are super stoked about their clubs being relegated to the Championship either.
They don't have a choice, the premier league was set up with the teams who happened to be in division 1 at the time and kept the old system. Ownership of the premier league changes with new teams.
MLS on the other hand was formed by these owners as a weird centralized unified company without a link to a previous system with promotion and relegation. It's members were specifically set up in the best profit making areas
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Quote from: Tyr on September 03, 2015, 03:37:41 PM
Quote from: Valmy on September 03, 2015, 08:00:57 AM
Quote from: Tyr on September 03, 2015, 06:32:27 AM
It's fair to ignore it though considering it is detached from mls. Maybe mls expansion teams will be drawn from there, who knows, but it is doubtful mls owners would be big on their teams being relegated to the nasl,

Somehow I don't think Premier League owners are super stoked about their clubs being relegated to the Championship either.
They don't have a choice, the premier league was set up with the teams who happened to be in division 1 at the time and kept the old system. Ownership of the premier league changes with new teams.
MLS on the other hand was formed by these owners as a weird centralized unified company without a link to a previous system with promotion and relegation. It's members were specifically set up in the best profit making areas

British sports clubs are about losing money nobly for art and culture. Do you have any idea what a freaking miracle the MLS still exists? This was a pretty long odds project.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

FunkMonk

Promotion and relegation will never happen in the United States. 
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Legbiter

Quote from: Maladict on September 03, 2015, 03:02:16 PM
We're being defeated by Iceland.  Again.
And we won't be able to qualify directly, what a mess.

No offence but the Dutch team kinda fucked themselves up, not so much the Icelanders.  :lol: :huh:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Valmy

Italy always does that to you. They beat everybody 1-0.

Or used to. They seem to have lost their swagger of late.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Maladict

Quote from: Legbiter on September 03, 2015, 05:13:41 PM
Quote from: Maladict on September 03, 2015, 03:02:16 PM
We're being defeated by Iceland.  Again.
And we won't be able to qualify directly, what a mess.

No offence but the Dutch team kinda fucked themselves up, not so much the Icelanders.  :lol: :huh:

Oh definitely.  The Dutch were their own worst enemy as usual.
But Iceland played well, and they've now won 6 out of 7.

Josquius

It will be nice to see some new countries in the finals.
██████
██████
██████

Liep

Denmark v. Albania tonight. We have to win but Albania has proven to be very good and even beating Portugal.

COME ON LORD!
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Btw Tyr, I'm sure there's still tickets to the game so it's a good chance to see Bendtner in action.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Quote from: Liep on September 04, 2015, 02:02:33 AM
Btw Tyr, I'm sure there's still tickets to the game so it's a good chance to see Bendtner in action.

I was wrong. It's completely sold out, apparently there's a lot of Albanians in Denmark and neighbouring countries.

Josquius

I saw bendtner at sunderland :p
Tonight is my Swedish night anyhoo. Copenhagen from the morrow
██████
██████
██████

Maladict

Maladict

I mean, 24 teams get to go to the EC. 24! But noooo...

Josephus

Malta got two goals and a point.  :o
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011