News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dps

Quote from: Syt on August 10, 2015, 04:27:45 AM
Additionally, the club's sports director reported his backpack stolen earlier last week. A woman found it in a park in Hamburg; it contained among other things the club's salary list.

Doesn't sound like something one should be toting around in a backpack.

celedhring

Quote from: Syt on August 10, 2015, 04:24:00 AM
Hamburg SV, who narrowly escaped relegation to Second League two seasons in a row have played their first competition match of the season yesterday, a cup game against 3rd league team Carl Zeiss Jena. Hamburg lost 2-3 in overtime. Their new captain even managed to injure himself during warm up so he couldn't play. :lol:

Maybe this year they'll finally leave the Bundesliga. Their last seasons have been nothing less than embarrassing and shameful.

I love the clock they have at the stadium that tells the time they have been in the Bundesliga. It's asking for a relegation:

Syt

It's annoying many people. They're the only club to have been in the top tier since the start of Bundesliga's modern era in 1963.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Maladict

95th minute equalizer in the Dutch national league, not bad for a goalkeeper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7v4ZirKQJ6c

Syt

The next thing in a string of mishaps for Hamburg. A t-shirt "Only the HSV" turns out to have its imagery from a Berlin football club. Hamburg have taken the shirt off their webpage. It's a bit of a goof troops these days. :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Liep

Quote from: Maladict on August 11, 2015, 02:40:48 PM
95th minute equalizer in the Dutch national league, not bad for a goalkeeper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7v4ZirKQJ6c

Danish newspapers are naturally all going crazy over this. Understandably so, it is very spectacular.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Also, Bendtner has scored in 3 games in a row.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

katmai

Nice goal by San Jose in Athletic Bilbao vs Barca. suck it Celedhring
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

dps

Barcelona looked really, really bad, didn't they.

Zanza

Quote from: Syt on August 10, 2015, 04:24:00 AM
Hamburg SV, who narrowly escaped relegation to Second League two seasons in a row have played their first competition match of the season yesterday, a cup game against 3rd league team Carl Zeiss Jena. Hamburg lost 2-3 in overtime. Their new captain even managed to injure himself during warm up so he couldn't play. :lol:

Maybe this year they'll finally leave the Bundesliga. Their last seasons have been nothing less than embarrassing and shameful.
And they lost the first game of the season. 5 - 0 to Bayern.

celedhring

Quote from: dps on August 14, 2015, 11:24:31 PM
Barcelona looked really, really bad, didn't they.

That was our second string, bar Messi and Suárez. Thing is, our second string shouldn't look so much out of his depth like they did. That transfer ban has hurt us and our squad isn't up to it.

Josquius

2 games into the season and yep. I hate football.
██████
██████
██████

Norgy

I am undecided and on the fence. Local team, meh season with a few great games. Forest, horrifying until today and badly screwed by the Football League's so-called Financial Fair Play.
Going to see the local team tomorrow.

One thing I am entirely sure of is that I am giving betting a wide berth from now on.  :Embarrass:

Warspite

Quote from: Norgy on August 15, 2015, 03:47:17 PM
I am undecided and on the fence. Local team, meh season with a few great games. Forest, horrifying until today and badly screwed by the Football League's so-called Financial Fair Play.
Going to see the local team tomorrow.

One thing I am entirely sure of is that I am giving betting a wide berth from now on.  :Embarrass:

Stick to PL fantasy football and we can trade in kudos :p
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

FunkMonk

A day that sees Mourinho's Chelsea humiliated is a good day indeed.  :bowler:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.