News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on August 04, 2015, 07:12:38 AM

New German away jersey. Even hipsters would despise it, according to early comments.
Twitter generally unimpressed.

https://twitter.com/dw_sports/status/627042088698441728/photo/1
From the Kölner Express, cited by Deutsche Welle.

Puts me somewhat in mind of:

:ph34r:
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

Grey, sure.

What's with the Green?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Syt on August 04, 2015, 07:55:59 AM
As opposed to field grey? :P

Vert-de-gris (green from grey litteraly) in French, which fits better the new German away jersey.  :P
Best German jersey being the one used in Escape to Victory.  :contract:

katmai

Been up since 3:30 am watching kickoff to new BPL season. Need one more device so I can watch all three games nbc is broadcasting simultaneously.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Norgy

Quote from: Tyr on August 04, 2015, 07:56:39 AM

Puts me somewhat in mind of:

:ph34r:

It reminds you of Le Tissier and Giggs? Both some of the finest players I have seen. Cloughie wanted to sign Le Tissier so badly he apparently even offered a trade with Teddy Sheringham against Matthew Le Tissier.

But yeah, I get it. The cursed Manure away kit.  :ph34r:

Norgy

Quote from: katmai on August 08, 2015, 10:13:23 AM
Been up since 3:30 am watching kickoff to new BPL season. Need one more device so I can watch all three games nbc is broadcasting simultaneously.

:glare:

Spoilt Americans.

FunkMonk

The Sun is hot, water is wet, Arsenal are Arsenal. :bleeding:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Josephus

Liverpool doing better than Chelsea and Arsenal...tied with Man U.

:)
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Liep

4 games and the first coach in the Danish league is fired.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Duque de Bragança

That's nothing. Marseille's coach already resigned after the first game, claiming interference and last-minute changes to an almost signed contract, but then I thought Bielsa was wasting his talent at Marseille.

celedhring

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on August 10, 2015, 03:48:03 AM
That's nothing. Marseille's coach already resigned after the first game, claiming interference and last-minute changes to an almost signed contract, but then I thought Bielsa was wasting his talent at Marseille.

Bielsa being Bielsa. I love the man, but he's surely mercurial.

Syt

Hamburg SV, who narrowly escaped relegation to Second League two seasons in a row have played their first competition match of the season yesterday, a cup game against 3rd league team Carl Zeiss Jena. Hamburg lost 2-3 in overtime. Their new captain even managed to injure himself during warm up so he couldn't play. :lol:

Maybe this year they'll finally leave the Bundesliga. Their last seasons have been nothing less than embarrassing and shameful.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Additionally, the club's sports director reported his backpack stolen earlier last week. A woman found it in a park in Hamburg; it contained among other things the club's salary list.
—Stephen Jay Gould

katmai

Quote from: celedhring on August 10, 2015, 03:58:10 AM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on August 10, 2015, 03:48:03 AM

Bielsa being Bielsa. I love the man, but he's surely mercurial.
:yes:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son