News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Thanks for ruining it for me guys. Had it PVRd was gonna watch it later.  ;)
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Syt

Last year today:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazil_v_Germany_(2014_FIFA_World_Cup)

Der Postillon:

http://www.der-postillon.com/2015/07/bundesprasident-gauck-legt-kranz-fur.html

"President Gauck lays down a wreath for the Brazilian victims of 08/07/2014"

Article goes on to talk about the cruelty of the German side, with Gauck stressing the German responsibility for the tragedy.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Larch

A small report on the Micronesian team that we talked about the other day:

QuoteMicronesia coach Stan Foster admits some of their players may need counselling after conceding 114 goals in three games without scoring one at the Pacific Games.

The Australian took a team of teenagers to the tournament for Under-23 players and lost 46-0 to Vanuatu, ranked 200th in the world. Halfway through their second group game, they put a midfielder in goal - and he stayed in for the final match.

They avoid a place in the record books for biggest international defeats as they are not affiliated with Fifa.

"Possibly [they'll need counselling], but they're young, they're resilient. Most of them had never been out of their village until we went to Guam as part of our build-up to the Games," Foster told ABC.

"Most of them had never been on an escalator and I had to show them how to use one."

Valmy

Hey the USA won its first match in the CONCACAF championship. USA! USA! USA!

Co-Host Canada, not so lucky, because they are only slightly better than Micronesia.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josephus

Canada would probably draw 0-0 to micronesia
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Syt

Schweinsteiger is going to Manchester Utd. The Bayern Munich fans are less than thrilled. In fact, they're pretty pissed. He's been on the first team since 2002, and a total of 17 years with Munich.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

Josephus

Sterling to Man City...hope he doesn't pan out
Civis Romanus Sum

Zanza

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

Josephus

That suit he's wearing doesn't help.

Chick in black was probably his date. Been there.
Civis Romanus Sum

KRonn

Quote from: Syt on July 12, 2015, 01:31:37 AM
Schweinsteiger is going to Manchester Utd. The Bayern Munich fans are less than thrilled. In fact, they're pretty pissed. He's been on the first team since 2002, and a total of 17 years with Munich.

This should be cassus belli for war between the cities to settle the issue!!   :menace:

celedhring

The Messi photo is almost a year old, still funny though  :lmfao:

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

The Larch

The girl in blue is obviously photoshopped to be in Ronaldo's lap. She's actually Messi's wife and was sat next to him in the original picture.