News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: celedhring on May 27, 2015, 01:04:02 AM
Man, if the yanks end up saving football. There'll be no end to it.

I hope they go all RICO on FIFA tbf.
Jeffrey Webb, a Fifa vice-president and president of the Concacaf was among those arrested

http://www.theguardian.com/football/live/2015/may/27/fifa-officials-arrested-on-corruption-charges-live
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Duque de Bragança

Nice to see that Jack Warner's legacy is alive and well.  :lol:

Syt

Zeit.de is reporting that Switzerland is also opening an investigation into corruption charges regarding the 2018 and 2022 World Cups.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

Fantastic news, this. I hope that the yanks threaten them with 10 years in Gitmo so the little pigs squeal and we can get the big hoss.

Pleasepleaseplease arrest the head of the Spanish FA while you're at it.

Syt

Tagesschau reports that Swiss police raided FIFA HQ and confiscated electronic data and documents pertaining to the 2018 and 2022 World Cups, plus bank data.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Syt on May 27, 2015, 04:25:40 AM
Tagesschau reports that Swiss police raided FIFA HQ and confiscated electronic data and documents pertaining to the 2018 and 2022 World Cups, plus bank data.

If only... :(

Tamas

Norgy

Syt

Prediction: they will end up with a (financial) slap on the wrist, and promise to never, ever do it again (so obviously).
—Stephen Jay Gould

DGuller

Woah, holy crap. :o I had no idea FIFA was so crooked.

Syt

FIFA press conference: "We're glad this happened. We're the victims of this corruption!"

—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

'You're Qatar bribe sir'

'Thank you very much.'
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josephus

If the Yanks arrest Blatter, I won't knock their calling the game soccer.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

HVC

Quote from: Josephus on May 27, 2015, 08:03:33 AM

he has been doing this long enough that he probably knows how to protect himself. Others will fall, and they will be replaced by others and nothing will change.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

celedhring

Quote from: Josephus on May 27, 2015, 08:03:33 AM

Part of the sentence will be changing the name to FISA. And playoffs.