News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Luis Figo is out of the race for FIFA presidency. He did not have kind parting words. :lol:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32826308
Quote"I travelled and met extraordinary people who, though they recognized the value of much that had been done, also concurred with the need for change, one that cleans up Fifa's reputation as an obscure organization that is so often viewed as a place of corruption," he said.
"But over the past few months I have not only witnessed that desire [for change], I have witnessed consecutive incidents, all over the world, that should shame anyone who desires soccer to be free, clean and democratic.
"I have seen with my own eyes federation presidents who, after one day comparing Fifa leaders to the devil, then go on stage and compare those same people with Jesus Christ. Nobody told me about this. I saw it with my own eyes.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

celedhring

Good. I know he was fighting the good fight, but he's still Luís Fucking Judas Figo. May he rot in hell while an army of devils fondle his testicles with hot irons.

The Larch

Somebody is surprised that there's gambling going on in this establishment.

Liep

Quote from: celedhring on May 21, 2015, 12:23:38 PM
Good. I know he was fighting the good fight, but he's still Luís Fucking Judas Figo. May he rot in hell while an army of devils fondle his testicles with hot irons.

Is this also your opinion about our national treasure Señor Laudrup? :(
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Barrister

So we don't keep score in kids U6 soccer, but I'm pretty sure even 4 and 5 year olds can tell that we're getting blown out by about 20-0 in every game.  I think my team has scored 2 goals in three games so far.

:(
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Duque de Bragança

Good. I know he was fighting the good fight, but he's still Luís Fucking Judas Figo. May he rot in hell while an army of devils fondle his testicles with rusty forks.

Bah, switching from Barça to Real, who cares in this football mercenary age. Dealing with the likes of José Sócrates or Kadyrov (nice watch can I have it? Da!) should have taught him a thing or two about rotten politicians. Guess he found the next level with Blatter and the like.

PS: he does not recall being a "friend" of Sócrates anymore. A friendship bought by Sócrates for popularity reasons. Still Figo is right about FIFA.

celedhring

Quote from: Liep on May 21, 2015, 12:25:53 PM

Is this also your opinion about our national treasure Señor Laudrup? :(

He was forced out, so he gets a pass. Signing for Madrid tarnished his image, so he hasn't been inducted into our altars like Koeman or Stoichkov have, but he isn't hated.

Josephus

Quote from: Barrister on May 21, 2015, 12:27:29 PM
So we don't keep score in kids U6 soccer, but I'm pretty sure even 4 and 5 year olds can tell that we're getting blown out by about 20-0 in every game.  I think my team has scored 2 goals in three games so far.

:(

Fifa Women's world cup break might be a blessing. :D
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Liep

FunkMonk

They should try to get Klopp because lol Rodgers lmao
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Josephus

Yup I guess this was his last game for Liverpool. And I don't mean Gerrard
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

jimmy olsen

Ten FIFA officials arrested in Switzerland for bribery charges relating to the World Cup in Qatar.

http://screamer.deadspin.com/reports-justice-department-brings-the-goddamn-hammer-d-1707109298
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

celedhring

Man, if the yanks end up saving football. There'll be no end to it.

I hope they go all RICO on FIFA tbf.