News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

Everybody should be happy. The next few weeks would be absolutely unbearable over here. Now we'll get plenty of merengue drama, though.

celedhring

My schadenfreude counter is over 9000 at the moment, watching Spanish late night footie shows.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

celedhring

Liep

Quote from: celedhring on May 13, 2015, 06:33:54 PM
My schadenfreude counter is over 9000 at the moment, watching Spanish late night footie shows.

The Spanish sports papers sure know how to write about failure.

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

The Larch

Spanish sport rags dial it up to 12 on ocasions like these.

Pedrito

Quote from: celedhring on May 13, 2015, 06:03:06 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on May 13, 2015, 05:59:00 PM
Good prevails.

It's still an Italian team. Lawful Neutral at best, imho.
I wouldn't define Lawful a team that was sent in Serie B following Calciopoli.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Liep

Quote from: Pedrito on May 14, 2015, 04:36:50 PM
Quote from: celedhring on May 13, 2015, 06:03:06 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on May 13, 2015, 05:59:00 PM
Good prevails.

It's still an Italian team. Lawful Neutral at best, imho.
I wouldn't define Lawful a team that was sent in Serie B following Calciopoli.

L.

As a baseline we must assume that all Italian teams cheat, and so we can't fault Juventus more just because they got caught.

:P
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

The Larch

With Moggi in charge it can be argued that they were Neutral Evil at that time.

celedhring

Liep

So Xavi is moving to Qatar. I really, really want to see his pay check. He's one of those players who deserves a few quiet seasons while earning ridiculous money before he gets chewed up by fans and media once he starts coaching. :P

celedhring

Quote from: Liep on May 19, 2015, 07:15:44 AM
So Xavi is moving to Qatar. I really, really want to see his pay check. He's one of those players who deserves a few quiet seasons while earning ridiculous money before he gets chewed up by fans and media once he starts coaching. :P

He reportedly gets less per season than at Barça, but with a longer contract.

And yes, we love to overhype and then eat and spit out our legends over here.

Liep

Quote from: celedhring on May 19, 2015, 08:06:22 AM

With 0% tax I'm sure.

The Larch

Over/under on how long it'll take him to coach Barcelona?

celedhring

Quote from: The Larch on May 19, 2015, 08:22:25 AM

Over/under on how long it'll take him to coach Barcelona?

Two consecutive second place finishes. Three at best.