News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

celedhring

"Boys, let's make up a little rule to make this a bit more interesting; whoever scores a goal has to assist the next".

Admiral Yi

That's nuts.

Do you think they were just dicking around?

Maladict

Robben out for the rest of the season, thanks Bayern! Now we definitely won't qualify for the World Cup.
Getting kicked out of the WC by Germany before it even starts.  :lol:  :(

edit: Euro'16 of course, not the WC. Though that could well happen too  <_<

Norgy

Barca's in fine form.

My local club has a few Spaniards in the team. Mostly former second division ones. And they have that little "something".

We also have a former US College footballer who was drafted by New York City before he got fucked up really well by a knee injury. So far, this team has won 0 in 2. Football hates me.

Sheilbh

DORSET IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE!!!! :blink: :w00t:
Let's bomb Russia!

Valmy

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 29, 2015, 07:28:13 AM

Chances of staying for more than one year?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Zanza

Bayern went out of the German cup against Dortmund with four missed penalties. They lost Robben and Lewandowski in the game.

Barcelona will destroy them in the semi finals of the CL this year.

Norgy

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 29, 2015, 07:28:13 AM

Bournemouth is hands down the best footballing side I have seen the Championship.

What Eddie Howe has done reminds of a certain big-headed northerner in the East Midlands.

celedhring

Quote from: Zanza on April 29, 2015, 01:09:14 PM
Bayern went out of the German cup against Dortmund with four missed penalties. They lost Robben and Lewandowski in the game.

Barcelona will destroy them in the semi finals of the CL this year.

We are a giant with feet of clay, tbh. Lots of firepower upfront, but I have seen too many good teams carve us up this season.

Josquius

A thought, something that could be worth studying; I wonder if there is a correlation between a team playing poorer than usual and playing against a team wearing their regular colours.

I mean, if you go most of the year with it in your head instinctually that you have to look out for a the guys in yellow, then suddenly one day your team is in blue and the opposition is in yellow....there could be some statistical anomaly of more passes going astray.
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

Nowadays most teams play roughly the same amount of games in their home and away shirts, though.

Norgy

Given the amount of yellow tops used during training, I doubt even thickos like footballers would fail to recognise their own team mates.

Mostly, for sides that can't constantly sign the best players, football is still about tactics and confidence.