And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Zanza

Bayern destroyed Porto in the first half. Reminded me a bit of the Germany - Brazil game...

Duque de Bragança

Porto really missed Danilo and Alex Sandro since it meant no true right and left backs available. :( There was like a bit of hope for 10-15 mins in the second half. But that first half...

No surprises in Barcelona despite the return of the great Zlatan. Cavani undecisive again. PSG was never in a position to qualify so no regrets.

FunkMonk

Just saw the score to the Bayern game :o
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Josquius

Yeah, especially after the first leg :lol:
Think I missed something today
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

David Luiz is a joke; glad it was our turn to laugh at his expense.

Liep

Quote from: celedhring on April 22, 2015, 01:52:11 AM
David Luiz is a joke; glad it was our turn to laugh at his expense.

I just read he was sold by Chelsea for £50,000,000. Woah. I've never seen him play for Chelsea, only in the WC '14 and these two Barca games, so I might not have seen his good games. :P
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

What team is biggest where, according to twitter.

https://interactive.twitter.com/premierleague

I wonder why Chelsea has the Latin market cornered.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

celedhring

If this uses tweets *about* a team without discriminating content, there's plenty of schadenfreude over here regarding Mourinho.

Liep

Quote from: celedhring on April 22, 2015, 11:32:26 AM
If this uses tweets *about* a team without discriminating content, there's plenty of schadenfreude over here regarding Mourinho.

I think it just measures followers by region.

celedhring

Hum yeah, I guess it's that.

Liverpool was the most popular English team over here until they sacked Benítez. It's true that nowadays you see more Chelsea shirts than from any other English team; I don't know why. Regular Spanish football fans pay little attention to the PL though, so I guess you don't need many people to move the needle.

Sheilbh

No Spanish love for Roberto Martinez? :weep: :P

Also, on a related note :w00t:
Let's bomb Russia!

celedhring

I always wondered why no Spanish club approached him while he was at Wigan or Swansea.

We're just too insular when it comes to football; if you play/manage outside of Spain you don't exist, unless it's for one of the really big foreign clubs (and still).

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on April 26, 2015, 10:26:59 AM
I always wondered why no Spanish club approached him while he was at Wigan or Swansea.

We're just too insular when it comes to football; if you play/manage outside of Spain you don't exist, unless it's for one of the really big foreign clubs (and still).

Same for players. Carlos Cuéllar was a top notch defender for Aston Villa for several years and never got the slightlest nod or acknowledgement from here. At the same time, Albiol, a reserve at Real Madrid, got capped regularly for Spain because of a lack of central defenders at the national team.

It doesn't help that Martínez's career has taken place mostly in the UK. He's virtually unkown over here.

FunkMonk

Went to a local bar where most Arsenal supporters here flock to on weekends for the game today. Place was packed to capacity and I met Terry Neill  :bowler: Wonderful time there this morning.

But of course Arsenal got Mourinho'ed  :frusty:

At least it wasn't unexpected. And Everton trounced United.  :) :)
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.