And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 08, 2015, 06:08:16 AM
and they are in!

By the skin of their chinny chin chin....but well done.  I shall cheer for them in the final.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Liep

So this happened:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQGSOvGXGss

I must say I have never seen that ruled, ever, closest is goalie being off the line (where it was saved), but a player inside the box?

Oh, and when you do rule on it know the fucking rule. :lol: It has been reverted by UEFA and the game is to be replayed with whatever few seconds was left from when the penalty was awarded.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josquius

I'm confused. So it was dissallowed because another player was in the box?
██████
██████
██████

Liep

Quote from: Tyr on April 09, 2015, 07:58:09 PM
I'm confused. So it was dissallowed because another player was in the box?

Yes, the correct call would be to retake the kick. But the ref also gave the ball to Norway, which is a bit too much.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

There's really only teams left that I'd like to see lose. Except maybe Barca, I would just be indifferent if they won.

katmai

Bayern down 3-1 after first leg :o
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Liep

celedhring

Holy Christ, Luís Suárez.  :worthy:

Liep

Sheilbh

Telegraph liveblogs the Klopp press conference. Doesn't foresee that it'll most likely mainly be in German:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/11537367/Jurgen-Klopp-quits-Borussia-Dortmund-live.html
Let's bomb Russia!

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Liep on April 15, 2015, 03:42:26 PM
Quote from: katmai on April 15, 2015, 03:33:39 PM
Bayern down 3-1 after first leg :o

Didn't see that coming.

Lots of missing players for Bayern with a naive defence at times, Jackson unexpected return to form, good show by Porto,and no referee to protect Bayern from Porto, unlike Benfica in the Portuguese league.  :P

Liep

celedhring

People are slagging Luiz a bit unfairly.

He barely leaves a gap here. Suárez is just sooooo good.

Liep

Yeah, he's good, but twice in one game and it's inevitable that you're called out for it.

FunkMonk

Luis Suarez is amazing and my favorite footballer. :wub:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.