News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Zanza

Arjen Robben has so far scored 66 goals in the Bundesliga since 2009. In the time that he played, Bayern only conceded 65 goals. So Robben is the only player who personally scored more goals than all opponents scored during the time he played...

Norgy

Things have gone so poorly lately, so following football is like having a permanent nightmare.  :cry:
Please turn this around, mr. Pearce. Please!

celedhring

Some guy named Max Power has scored in the FA Cup.

Maladict

Quote from: Zanza on December 31, 2014, 06:02:30 AM
Arjen Robben has so far scored 66 goals in the Bundesliga since 2009. In the time that he played, Bayern only conceded 65 goals. So Robben is the only player who personally scored more goals than all opponents scored during the time he played...

He has had a very good year. Still not short listed for the Ballon d'Or, though.  <_<

Josephus

Defoe to Sunderland for $11m.
Altidore may be on his way to Toronto
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Liep

So City is ready to pay £480,000,000 for Messi. That's a sum of money I just can't comprehend.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Zanza

How does that work with the financial fairplay rules? :huh:

Liep

Quote from: Zanza on January 15, 2015, 12:48:18 PM

Well, City can afford the fines and is otherwise seeming to engage in loss speculation by dividing it among subsidiaries. Something they might also be fined for.

But that sum might just be too much even for them.

The Larch

Quote from: Liep on January 15, 2015, 12:56:10 PM
Quote from: Zanza on January 15, 2015, 12:48:18 PM

Well, City can afford the fines and is otherwise seeming to engage in loss speculation by dividing it among subsidiaries. Something they might also be fined for.

But that sum might just be too much even for them.

Part of the FFP sanctions is limiting how much they can pay for future transfers and how many new transfers they can register, so they can't shrug it off.

Josquius

Quote from: Josephus on January 13, 2015, 09:57:58 PM
Straight swap I read.
If either is paying I would expect it to be Toronto given Defoe's age and Jose's commercial value.

Hopefully Defoe can still score <_<
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

Read Sunderland is paying him 80k/week until he's 36! Seems a bit of a bad deal, to me.

Josephus

Quote from: Tyr on January 15, 2015, 06:25:25 PM
Quote from: Josephus on January 13, 2015, 09:57:58 PM
Straight swap I read.
If either is paying I would expect it to be Toronto given Defoe's age and Jose's commercial value.

Hopefully Defoe can still score <_<

Nah swap plus $11m

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/01/13/jermain-defoe-signs-massive-deal-with-sunderland-report
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011