Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Zanza

And that's a third league game. :lol:

Viking

Quote from: Zanza on September 19, 2014, 06:42:49 AM
Euro 2020 semi-finals and final will be in London.

Dublin's Aviva Stadium and Scotland's Hampden Park will both host four matches each – three group stage games and a round of 16 fixture. But there was disappointment for the Welsh FA after the Millennium Stadium missed out.

Which is strange since Millennium Stadium is owned and operated by the Welsh Rugby Union.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Josephus

I always wondered what happens in a penalty shootout after all 11 players have kicked. Now I know.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josephus

11 includes the goalie.

No, they start over again. Happened in today's Liverpool v. Middelesborough game that went to 14 penalties
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josquius

Watching two premier league teams play each other in te cup is a strange sight. They both have their reserves out. :hmm:
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

Ghana striker Asamoah Gyan denies performing human sacrifice.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/sep/24/asamoah-gyan-denies-murdering-rapper-human-sacrifice

Now that's not a headline I read every day in the sports pages.

Syt

There's a news story (in BILD  :rolleyes: ) that the free kick spray may not get clearance by TÜV to be used in Germany:
- it contains too much greenhouse gas
- the container isn't labelled correctly (e.g. "highly flammable", contents, volume, ...)
- contains Parabens which have an adverse effect on health
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Quote from: celedhring on September 24, 2014, 03:27:43 PM
Ghana striker Asamoah Gyan denies performing human sacrifice.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/sep/24/asamoah-gyan-denies-murdering-rapper-human-sacrifice

Now that's not a headline I read every day in the sports pages.

Saw that on BBC and thought, "What did he sacrifice? A chicken?" I was a bit surprised when I read the full article.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

The head medical doctor of FC Bayern Munich and the German National Team, Dr. Müller-Wohlfahrt:

He's 72. :hmm:
—Stephen Jay Gould

Warspite

Ozil is out for three months.  :lol:

The Annual Arsenal Mystery Injury Crisis continues.  :lol:

:D

:)

:huh:

:(

:weep:
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

celedhring

He's played like he had an injury for the past 10 months, so you aren't going to notice the difference, really.

Tamas

yeah he was pretty lame against Chelsea.

Liep

I'm watching Denmark - Iceland (U21). Denmark is looking like 2014-Spain and the Icelanders are taking a strict 11 men behind the ball stance.

Not a very fun game.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk