News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

Can't expect anything from Lisboete clubs.  :rolleyes:
After Benfica's disaster at home vs Zenit St Petersburg (0-2), it's now Sporting being tied 1-1 at the very last minute by an allegedly weaker side from Slovenia, Maribor.
Porto thrashed BATE Borisov 6-0

PSG drew with Ajax (underestimated by Blanc's squad?).
Barcelona won 1-0 only against APOEL.

AS Roma won convincingly by 5-1 as well vs the Moscovite ex-Red Army club.
Bayern won 1-0 vs Man City.

Warspite

" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Syt

German goalie Tim Wiese (formerly Kaiserslautern and Bremen, now Hoofenheim; 6 caps for Germany) supposedly has an offer from WWE following his transformation from this (2012):

to this (2014):

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Larch

Did he fall on the steroid cauldron, Obelix style?

celedhring

I guess they don't test for drugs in Bundesliga?

The Larch

Apparently he has just retired from football.

Edit: And it seems that Hoffenheim actually terminated his contract back in january because they didn't think that his new bodybuilder physique was suitable for professional football.  :lol:

celedhring

Surely he's been taking steroids longer than that though.

Anyway, Kahn would've been a much better wrestler.

Syt

Yeah, not sure if this physique is conducive to playing a position that requires agility and quick reflexes.

Though any opponent coming at him would probably be scared shitless.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Liep

AaB. :weep:

The last time a Danish team got its ass handed to itself in such a manner was in '93, and at least that was against AC Milan. They were even worse than Brazil who at least lasted 28 minutes before the 5th German goal in their period of shame, AaB had 5 goals scored against them in 14 minutes!
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Zanza

Euro 2020 semi-finals and final will be in London.

Dublin's Aviva Stadium and Scotland's Hampden Park will both host four matches each – three group stage games and a round of 16 fixture. But there was disappointment for the Welsh FA after the Millennium Stadium missed out.

Munich in Germany, Baku in Azerbaijan, St Petersburg in Russia and Rome in Italy will each host a quarter final and three group stage matches.

Denmark's Copenhagen, Bucharest in Romania, Amsterdam in the Netherlands, Dublin in Ireland, Bilbao in Spain, Budapest in Hungary, Brussels in Belgium and Glasgow in Scotland will all host one round of 16 game and three group stage matches.

Pedrito

Quote from: Zanza on September 19, 2014, 06:42:49 AM
Euro 2020 semi-finals and final will be in London.

Dublin's Aviva Stadium and Scotland's Hampden Park will both host four matches each – three group stage games and a round of 16 fixture. But there was disappointment for the Welsh FA after the Millennium Stadium missed out.

Munich in Germany, Baku in Azerbaijan, St Petersburg in Russia and Rome in Italy will each host a quarter final and three group stage matches.

Denmark's Copenhagen, Bucharest in Romania, Amsterdam in the Netherlands, Dublin in Ireland, Bilbao in Spain, Budapest in Hungary, Brussels in Belgium and Glasgow in Scotland will all host one round of 16 game and three group stage matches.
:huh: Baku?

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Zanza

Duque de Bragança

Hopefully, supporters following a side won't have to go from one end of Europe to the other end more than a couple of times during the tournament. :)

Warspite

Which stadiums in London? Wembley and the Emirates presumably?
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Zanza