Argentina are unofficial world cup holders, yes?  :bowler:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

celedhring

Quote from: FunkMonk on September 03, 2014, 05:24:26 PM
Argentina are unofficial world cup holders, yes?  :bowler:

Yup, just checked their site; they are.

http://www.ufwc.co.uk/

Josquius

I watched some of the England came today.
Got that was dull
██████
██████
██████

Syt

Quote from: Tamas on September 03, 2014, 06:10:28 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUtSqD_iZUA&src_vid=EBO-LSOiDDI&feature=iv&annotation_id=annotation_1133993007

Isn't that what a lot of football matches looked like in the 80s, especially when the goalie could still pick up the ball if it came from a team mate?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josephus

Good possession football.

Yes, I'm glad they made the rule where the goalie couldn't pick up a back pass.

Nothing like 70s Italy. Zoff passes to Fachetti. Fachetti back to Zoff. Zoff picks up. Bounces. Steps forward. Bounces. Rolls to Fachetti. Fachetti back back to Zoff. Zoff picks up.......
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Zanza

First day of Euro 2016 qualification. With the new mode that allows even the third placed team to proceed, it seems completely useless for the stronger nations. There is no way that Germany won't end up among the first three in its group.

celedhring

Quote from: Zanza on September 07, 2014, 01:36:15 PM
First day of Euro 2016 qualification. With the new mode that allows even the third placed team to proceed, it seems completely useless for the stronger nations. There is no way that Germany won't end up among the first three in its group.

Expanding the EC has been an abysmal decision. It will also dilute the competition, with many weaker teams getting qualified.

Liep

Denmark wins, barely, against Armenia. Lord Bendtner with one assist.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josquius

Quote from: Zanza on September 07, 2014, 01:36:15 PM
Meh, let's the terrible teams be part of the fun and helps keep everyone sharp. Without qualifiers there would be no competitive games  for 2 years for most.
I guess it will make it all the funnier/more painful if a good team does fail. As England might
██████
██████
██████

Norgy

Euro 2016 will be without Norway. I can tell you this even before a ball is kicked. We're going be had non-consentual sex with by Italy, Hrvatska and those Bulgars.

Zanza

Warspite will be pissed tomorrow.

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Valmy

Quote from: Liep on September 07, 2014, 02:27:01 PM

Hayk shall rise again!

Wait Armenia is a European country?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Valmy on September 16, 2014, 09:30:31 PM
Quote from: Liep on September 07, 2014, 02:27:01 PM

Hayk shall rise again!

Armenia is a european country.

They've always been members of the UEFA and are in the Caucasus, so between two continents. Strong cultural links with Europe though unlike other countries in a comparable position.