News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

I notice Newcastle comes on the field to the Mark Knopfler Going Home tune.

:cheers:
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Valmy

Quote from: mongers on August 16, 2014, 07:28:09 PM
It's Pompey, few say Portsmouth.

Similar to how Pompey stole the Kingdom of Pontus.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

mongers

Quote from: Valmy on August 17, 2014, 04:14:42 PM
Quote from: mongers on August 16, 2014, 07:28:09 PM
It's Pompey, few say Portsmouth.

Similar to how Pompey stole the Kingdom of Pontus.

I think you could find pages of speculation on the intertubs as to why that is.
My favourite is simply it grew out of pissed people trying to pronounce the city's name; historically there's been quite a bit of boozing in Pompey.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Liep

Brandao. :lol:

At what point should players just be punished with temporary bans? Biting another player in the heat of a game is one thing, but waiting in the tunnel after the game and then headbutting your target should secure him at least a life time ban.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Liep on August 18, 2014, 07:06:30 AM
Brandão. :lol:

At what point should players just be punished with temporary bans? Biting another player in the heat of a game is one thing, but waiting in the tunnel after the game and then headbutting your target should secure him at least a life time ban.

Fixed!

It's Marseille, it just fits in. :)
He played at Marseille, he's now in Bastia.

Liep

Norwegians!

Is Martin Ødegaard really as good as the Danish tabloids make him out to be?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Ed Anger

Just when I though the LOLerpool stopped with Carroll and Bucky Beaver gone, it looks like Balotelli is being bought.

LOL
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josephus

Fuck. Even Suarez is more stable.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

FunkMonk

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 21, 2014, 06:43:30 PM
Just when I though the LOLerpool stopped with Carroll and Bucky Beaver gone, it looks like Balotelli is being bought.

LOL

:lol: :lol:

To be honest, I like Balotelli. It'll be fun to watch.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Ed Anger

I expect more Gerrard angry face this season
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josephus

I'm not totally surprised by this move. Liverpool need a striker to replace Suarez and Liverpool is not the kind of team with the riches to attract Cavani and Falcao and others of that ilk. They got B. for a reasonable amount. If he doesn't work out they dump him at the end of the season...OR....it may work. He was pretty good with City when he was in the right mood.  He hated being played in any position but striker and hated being second fiddle to other strikers. It's unlikely that will be an issue with Liverpool. We shall see...Question is will he try Rodgers's patience
Civis Romanus Sum

Josquius

Hope that means they'll get a move on with the Borini switch. Assuming it is them holding it up anyway.

Wonder why balliotelli is so cheap
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 21, 2014, 06:54:33 PM
I expect more Gerrard angry face this season

Does he have any other?

mongers