News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

We're gonna be shit, so it'll soon be hip again to be a Barça fan.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: grumbler on August 02, 2014, 04:41:19 PM
Real Madrid players (practicing at Eastern Michigan University for their friendly today at Michigan stadium*) try a game of touch football.. touch AMERICAN football: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqu_18WDMhQ

That's cute.

Can one of the Spanish speakers tell me what "calienta jugando" means?  Try their hand at playing, something like that?

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 13, 2014, 07:16:57 PM
Can one of the Spanish speakers tell me what "calienta jugando" means?  Try their hand at playing, something like that?

Now I'm thinking it means "warm up by playing."

Am I close?

Liep

If the players and clubs don't agree on sharing the commercial profits the players will strike as of tonight. Not that the Danish clubs had any chance of qualifying to the champs league anyway.

Who'll play Keanu Reeves? Can we get Mads Mikkelsen, please!
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

celedhring

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 13, 2014, 10:26:54 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 13, 2014, 07:16:57 PM

Now I'm thinking it means "warm up by playing."

Am I close?

Yes. They are warming up by playing touch football.

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Liep

Quote from: Syt on August 14, 2014, 02:03:45 PM
Stop reading BILD. :bleeding:

I'm not really reading Bild, but I do like their headlines more than what our tabloids can come up with. :P

Viking

Anyways, American Soccer Fans should NOT support mine and Tamas' club Chelsea. If you start supporting Chelsea AFTER Abramovich took over that is just as bad a new baseball fans becoming Yankees fans. For the same reason you should not be Man U or Man City or Barcelona or Real Madrid or Bayern Munchen fans, supporting these clubs is a bit like cheating at a soccer manager game.

Unless you started supporting the team before it got rich or unless you never had any choice, you should not support Man C, Man U, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Barcelona or Bayern Munchen. You should not support any Italian team either, because they are all evil and hate the game.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Liep

B-3 doesn't have the same ring to it as B-52, poor choice of number there for Biggie B.

Tamas

Quote from: Viking on August 14, 2014, 02:21:51 PM
Anyways, American Soccer Fans should NOT support mine and Tamas' club Chelsea. If you start supporting Chelsea AFTER Abramovich took over that is just as bad a new baseball fans becoming Yankees fans. For the same reason you should not be Man U or Man City or Barcelona or Real Madrid or Bayern Munchen fans, supporting these clubs is a bit like cheating at a soccer manager game.

Unless you started supporting the team before it got rich or unless you never had any choice, you should not support Man C, Man U, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Barcelona or Bayern Munchen. You should not support any Italian team either, because they are all evil and hate the game.

Hells yeah. I remember all my friends thinking I was weird caring for an English club struggling to get into CL/UEFA every season. Then after the first won season with Mourinho all these Chelsea "supporters" turned up.

alfred russel

Quote from: Viking on August 14, 2014, 02:21:51 PM

To the extent I support anyone (which is incredibly limited), I support Man U. That has been since Malcolm Glazer bought the team. A combination of me sort of being a fan of his NFL team and seeing the improvements he made there as owner, plus the anti- Glazer reaction when he bought Man U, pushed me to support them. I always wanted to walk into a pub in england and explain to them how awesome glazer is and how some reforms to be more like American sports would benefit the EPL (yes I know this is real life trolling).

Although I guess I'm sort of an everton fan for as long as tim howard is their goalkeeper.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Liep

Hmm, then I should be an Everton fan.