News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

He has deployed a genius strategy of requiring such a large amount of money that only the top tier sides can afford him. The snag is that for some reason only lower tiers want him, but I'm sure this won't stop B-52.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

FunkMonk

Any lower tier team that is blessed and lucky enough to pick him up will immediately become a European powerhouse and champions league favorite.

I'm preparing my champions league winner bet as soon as I hear news of his move to a club as I speak.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Liep

I can see Frankfurt as 2016 Champion's League winners.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

It turns out the Ukrainians attacked the FC Copenhagen fans because they thought they waved flags with pictures of Putin on them. A subdivision of fans called Urban Crew has this logo:

:lol:

Valmy

Um the man on that flag is bald.  :wacko:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Norgy

Stuart Pearce. Rumours of £500 million Kuwaiti investment and a stadium name change. It's not a bad summer to have an above average interest in Nottingham Forest FC.

grumbler

Real Madrid players (practicing at Eastern Michigan University for their friendly today at Michigan stadium*) try a game of touch football.. touch AMERICAN football: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqu_18WDMhQ

One of those guys was throwing a pretty decent spiral.  I suspect they were better at American football (at least the tiny bit that is involved when you play touch) than an American football team would be at footie.

*New record for fans at a football game in the US, btw, and another record for the stadium that holds the record for Div IA College football, NHL hockey, NCAA hockey, and Div IAA college football.  They need to do a basketball game there.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on July 31, 2014, 01:00:26 PM
Um the man on that flag is bald.  :wacko:
Wait.. Putin wears a rug?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Syt

It seems FIFA is thinking about allowing a 4th substitution if a game is going into extra time.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Liep

Big B is going to Wolfsburg it seems, watch out Munich!

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josquius

No, Americans should support Sunderland, our owner is a wealthy American and we do our part for helping the USA by keeping a useless black guy (Altidore) in work.
Also our strips are red and white stripes and if you squint the black shorts could sort of look blue. USA! USA!
██████
██████
██████

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

FunkMonk

Sorry, I'm an Arsenal plastic tried and true.  :bowler: :bowler:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.