Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanza

Quote from: mongers on May 13, 2014, 07:31:26 PM
Germany

One nation, one team, one dream!

That's not a spoof article ? :

I wonder who thought that's a good idea. Maybe we should have used that slogan for the Euro 2012 in Poland... :bleeding:

Syt

QuoteGreece

Heroes play like Greeks

I hope this sounds better in Greek.

QuoteSouth Korea

Enjoy it, Reds!

Most non-aggressive/unambitious slogan?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Liep

The Italians sure doesn't know how to put on an impressive opening show.  :boring:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Duque de Bragança

Some things never change. Benfica lost again a final in my lifetime, on penalties, for the second time...  :mad:

Liep

If that diabolica thing becomes dominant during the world cup we should nuke Belgium.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

FunkMonk

While I don't agree with Wenger's "give Hull two goals" strategy, I do agree with his "win the goddamn game" strategy implemented in the second half.

Warspite

" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Josephus

Right then. Anyone up for a World Cup pool...pick the game result sort of thing?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

HVC

Quote from: Josephus on May 18, 2014, 07:18:56 PM
Right then. Anyone up for a World Cup pool...pick the game result sort of thing?

Spains gonna play keep away all the way to the cup. Germany's a contender though. For some reason I think Brazil's gonna humiliate themselves at home.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Liep

PDH

I'm rooting for Andorra in an upset.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

FunkMonk

FunkMonk

Quote from: HVC on May 18, 2014, 07:26:44 PM
Quote from: Josephus on May 18, 2014, 07:18:56 PM

Spains gonna play keep away all the way to the cup. Germany's a contender though. For some reason I think Brazil's gonna humiliate themselves at home.

Brazil will get knocked out in the quarterfinals and it will be hilarious.