News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norgy

Quote from: Zanza on April 26, 2014, 10:27:23 AM
The UEFA's silly mode for the Euro 2020 means that it will take in 13 different countries, each of which will host 4 games (first round and either round of sixteen or quarterfinal) and then the final games will take place in either England or Germany.

Only England (for London) and Germany (for Munich) put in a bid for the finals package, which is why it will only be between these two.
There are 12 standard packages available, these are the countries/cities that have made bids:
Azerbaijan (Baku), Belarus (Minsk), Belgium (Brussels), Bulgaria (Sofia), Denmark (Copenhagen), England (London), Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (Skopje), Germany (Munich), Hungary (Budapest), Israel (Jerusalem), Italy (Rome), Netherlands (Amsterdam), Republic of Ireland (Dublin), Romania (Bucharest), Russia (Saint Petersburg), Scotland (Glasgow), Spain (Bilbao), Sweden (Stockholm), Wales (Cardiff).

I hope they select Baku, Minsk, Skopje and Jerusalem.

The ridiculousness of the UEFA is only topped by the FIFA.
They've been ruining football for decades now. The Quatar World Cup is just the icing on a very big cake of shite.

mongers

I'm assuming our Tyr will be happy with the way the results went today.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Viking

Quote from: Norgy on April 27, 2014, 04:29:56 PM
Quote from: Zanza on April 26, 2014, 10:27:23 AM
The UEFA's silly mode for the Euro 2020 means that it will take in 13 different countries, each of which will host 4 games (first round and either round of sixteen or quarterfinal) and then the final games will take place in either England or Germany.

Only England (for London) and Germany (for Munich) put in a bid for the finals package, which is why it will only be between these two.
There are 12 standard packages available, these are the countries/cities that have made bids:
Azerbaijan (Baku), Belarus (Minsk), Belgium (Brussels), Bulgaria (Sofia), Denmark (Copenhagen), England (London), Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (Skopje), Germany (Munich), Hungary (Budapest), Israel (Jerusalem), Italy (Rome), Netherlands (Amsterdam), Republic of Ireland (Dublin), Romania (Bucharest), Russia (Saint Petersburg), Scotland (Glasgow), Spain (Bilbao), Sweden (Stockholm), Wales (Cardiff).

I hope they select Baku, Minsk, Skopje and Jerusalem.

The ridiculousness of the UEFA is only topped by the FIFA.
They've been ruining football for decades now. The Quatar World Cup is just the icing on a very big cake of shite.

The world cup model of competition hosting has been in place since steam ship was the preferred method of transportation. As of today we easily can deal with 20 thousand away fans going to the big champions league games. In one case during the last wc qualifications more iceland fans showed up to the away game in oslo than norwegians showed up -  in this case more than 1% of iceland's entire population was at that game.

Then again, with a set-up like this there no longer seems to be any need for qualifying groups in the championship, which are there to guarantee each team that travels at least 3 games.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

mongers

Quote from: Viking on April 27, 2014, 04:52:48 PM

The world cup model of competition hosting has been in place since steam ship was the preferred method of transportation. As of today we easily can deal with 20 thousand away fans going to the big champions league games. In one case during the last wc qualifications more iceland fans showed up to the away game in oslo than norwegians showed up -  in this case more than 1% of iceland's entire population was at that game.

Then again, with a set-up like this there no longer seems to be any need for qualifying groups in the championship, which are there to guarantee each team that travels at least 3 games.

Can you remember the names of your five friends?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Viking

Quote from: mongers on April 27, 2014, 05:20:14 PM
Quote from: Viking on April 27, 2014, 04:52:48 PM

Can you remember the names of your five friends?

I only know two of the players.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Tamas

The Liverpool coach's tears are delicious.

Again this god damn QQ about playing unfair, because you defend when the opposition has a superior offensive line. Such idiocy.

Gotta' admire the organization and dedication of Chelsea. Some of the players who started were barely able to run by the end but they kept going.

Pool thought this title was in the bag already, and they failed to score against what was in essence the Chelsea substitute bench.

I gotta' tell you I'd rather see Man City take it than Liverpool. They seem to have a less arrogant take on the whole thing.

Zanza

So Bayern will not be the first team to defend the CL trophy...  ;)

Liep

They don't really look to have four goals in them, no. They can, however, still injure Pepe.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

celedhring

I didn't really want Bayern to win again this year, but a Real Madrid CL win is too high a price to pay for it.

Liep

Either way Chelsea or Real will lose, so that's a positive. Or I guess Atletico could save the day.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Liep

When you're up against Bale and Ronaldo and are forced to play offensive football because you're for some reason unwilling to cover Ramos on set pieces, well, then possession is a non factor.

But I can't say that I didn't enjoy Ribery's sissy fit and him slapping Carjaval.

Ed Anger

Ribery is hilarious. Even in video game form. ALL THAT HAND FLAPPING
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

celedhring

We won the possession stat last season when Bayern twatted us 7-0 on the aggregate.

It's a means to an end, not an end by itself.