News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

:(

That's no age to die. Such a likeable fellow, too.

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Zanza

The UEFA's silly mode for the Euro 2020 means that it will take in 13 different countries, each of which will host 4 games (first round and either round of sixteen or quarterfinal) and then the final games will take place in either England or Germany.

Only England (for London) and Germany (for Munich) put in a bid for the finals package, which is why it will only be between these two.
There are 12 standard packages available, these are the countries/cities that have made bids:
Azerbaijan (Baku), Belarus (Minsk), Belgium (Brussels), Bulgaria (Sofia), Denmark (Copenhagen), England (London), Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (Skopje), Germany (Munich), Hungary (Budapest), Israel (Jerusalem), Italy (Rome), Netherlands (Amsterdam), Republic of Ireland (Dublin), Romania (Bucharest), Russia (Saint Petersburg), Scotland (Glasgow), Spain (Bilbao), Sweden (Stockholm), Wales (Cardiff).

I hope they select Baku, Minsk, Skopje and Jerusalem.

Josephus

So does hosting guarantee qualification? I guess not, right?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Zanza

With 24 participating teams, about half of UEFA's 54 teams will qualify anyway.

Liep

So I guess I see the point in letting smaller countries get a share in this, but it won't feel like hosting a Euro Cup but more an extended qualification.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Liege-Bastogne-Liege, Snooker World Championship and Liverpool - Chelsea. SPORT OVERLOAD.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Liverpool just got Mourinho'ed.

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Agelastus

Oh well; it was a lovely dream while it lasted. :(
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Josephus on April 25, 2014, 04:05:11 PM
I like the girl hopping up and down in the red shirt, about six to this left.

The chick in black, to the left of cowboy hat, made an impression on me.

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 27, 2014, 10:46:24 AM
Quote from: Josephus on April 25, 2014, 04:05:11 PM
I like the girl hopping up and down in the red shirt, about six to this left.

The chick in black, to the left of cowboy hat, made an impression on me.

[elbow mode]

She has large shoulder tattoos.  <_<

[/elbow mode]
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josephus

Quote from: Agelastus on April 27, 2014, 10:44:32 AM
Oh well; it was a lovely dream while it lasted. :(

Yup. Our only hope now lies with Everton.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

celedhring

So Sheilbh, Everton gonna give it all so the title travels to Merseyside, right?

Sheilbh

Quote from: celedhring on April 27, 2014, 01:00:27 PM
So Sheilbh, Everton gonna give it all so the title travels to Merseyside, right?
:lol:
Let's bomb Russia!