News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 21, 2014, 07:21:59 PM
Does he get to keep that stupid Chosen One banner?

He gets to keep the one from Liverpool fans calling him a football genius.  :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

FunkMonk

Quote from: mongers on April 21, 2014, 06:56:50 PM
All the newspaper are reporting Moyes is set to go, possibly tomorrow or when it best for the markets.

Supposedly United aren't confirming this but let it leak to try and force Moyes to resign so they don't have to pay him any money.  :lmfao:

Josquius

Wish this moyes to leave business would have waited till next week, my team could use a demoralized man utd when we play them
██████
██████
██████

Josephus

So who replaces him?

Fergie back?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Sheilbh

The press seem to be suggesting Giggs in the short-term.

The bookies favourite for this summer is Louis van Gaal.

God willing that means Spurs stick with Sherwood for another year :lol: :wub:
Let's bomb Russia!

FunkMonk

Feel a bit bad for the fellow. Being in Ferguson's shadow is bad enough, but also trying to prove himself to a championship-winning team and try to find his own footing in Manchester United's history must've been too much. The next guy only has to be better than Moyes to be considered tolerable now.

I guess Manchester United now have to realize they're just like every other major team (with exceptions, of course): Find a manager, fire him after a few seasons, find a new one, rinse and repeat.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Josquius

They better beat Norwich still :ultra:
██████
██████
██████

Viking

Quote from: Josephus on April 21, 2014, 10:04:14 PM
So who replaces him?

Fergie back?

I heard Butt and Giggs as caretakers.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

mongers

Quote from: FunkMonk on April 21, 2014, 10:52:54 PM
Feel a bit bad for the fellow. Being in Ferguson's shadow is bad enough, but also trying to prove himself to a championship-winning team and try to find his own footing in Manchester United's history must've been too much. The next guy only has to be better than Moyes to be considered tolerable now.

I guess Manchester United now have to realize they're just like every other major team (with exceptions, of course): Find a manager, fire him after a few seasons, find a new one, rinse and repeat.

I saw a tv graphic that last season Everton under him finished 25 points below ManU, this season ManU under him is 10 points behind Everton, so other things being equal, the 'Moyes Effect' might be 35 points. :bleeding:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Liep

Quote from: celedhring on April 18, 2014, 04:15:22 AM
Still somewhat hopeful we'll somehow swindle/bribe/blackmail our way to a ban postponement and sign somebody this summer.

You did it! I'm not sure whether it's an obvious bribe or an unsurprising incompetency in FIFA's bureaucracy. :hmm:

http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/organisation/news/newsid=2322794/index.html?intcmp=fifacom_hp_module_news_top
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

The Larch

Last night's match was fucking dreary.

FunkMonk

Quote from: The Larch on April 23, 2014, 05:15:41 AM

I didn't watch it. Is it safe to assume that 'Mourinho' happened?

The Larch

Quote from: FunkMonk on April 23, 2014, 09:46:11 AM
Quote from: The Larch on April 23, 2014, 05:15:41 AM

I didn't watch it. Is it safe to assume that 'Mourinho' happened?

Chelsea shot twice on goal, none of them dangerous. They closed themselves on their own goal leaving Torres stranded on top, and seemed allergic to actual attacking.

FunkMonk

Mourinho is reprehensible sometimes.  :lol: