And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Tamas on April 18, 2014, 02:27:43 AM
There is still a Chelsea-Liverpool game to go :contract:

It is kind of amazing Liverpool has yet to lose a Premier League matchup in 2014 and Chelsea is still hanging with them.  It is destiny or something.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

FunkMonk

I missed it but apparently Jozy Altidore fell down in the penalty area and Borini, a Liverpool loanee to Sunderland, scored the penalty to ruin Chelsea's title hopes.

You can't make this stuff up.  :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Agelastus

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed; I've seen too many Liverpool teams of the last twenty years slip up against relative minnows...such as Norwich.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

mongers

Quote from: Agelastus on April 19, 2014, 02:36:41 PM
I'm still keeping my fingers crossed; I've seen too many Liverpool teams of the last twenty years slip up against relative minnows...such as Norwich.

Well if Chelsea win their last 3 games they end on 84pt, assuming the goal difference gap of 10 between the two clubs remains broadly the same, then Liverpool would need 7 pts out of 12, so a two wins, a draw and one loss would still win it for them.

Though I can see plenty of pitfalls for each team.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Agelastus

Quote from: mongers on April 19, 2014, 03:17:43 PM

Well if Chelsea win their last 3 games they end on 84pt, assuming the goal difference gap of 10 between the two clubs remains broadly the same, then Liverpool would need 7 pts out of 12, so a two wins, a draw and one loss would still win it for them.

City win their last five games and they end up on 86 points; one slip by Liverpool and it could come down to goal difference. City are strong enough to win their last five games, although as you said there's still some possible pitfalls on their route.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

mongers

Quote from: Agelastus on April 19, 2014, 03:24:24 PM
Quote from: mongers on April 19, 2014, 03:17:43 PM

City win their last five games and they end up on 86 points; one slip by Liverpool and it could come down to goal difference. City are strong enough to win their last five games, although as you said there's still some possible pitfalls on their route.

Indeed, though their form, only 5 wins in the last 10 games, is slight worse than Chelsea.

I'm rather surprised that Liverpool are 10 wins out of 10; maximum 30 points. :gasp:

Valmy

Quote from: Valmy on April 18, 2014, 08:25:25 AM
Quote from: Tamas on April 18, 2014, 02:27:43 AM
There is still a Chelsea-Liverpool game to go :contract:

It is kind of amazing Liverpool has yet to lose a Premier League matchup in 2014 and Chelsea is still hanging with them.  It is destiny or something.

Man did I just fuck Chelsea or what?  I need to stop posting in this thread.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tamas

Josquius

So first Sunderland drew (nearly beat...) Man City, and now we've beat Chelsea.
You're welcome Liverpool. We just gave you the league.

Though typical Sunderland. We win the games that are pointless to us and lose the 6 pointers. <_<

Lets just hope Liverpool return the favour and beat Norwich
██████
██████
██████

Josephus

Liverpool made me sweat, but they pulled it off. Almost home now.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

mongers

Quote from: Josephus on April 20, 2014, 08:34:43 AM
Liverpool made me sweat, but they pulled it off. Almost home now.

If Man City win all their last five games, then Liverpool would still need 7 points out of 9 in their last three, that assumes Man City maintain their greater goal difference.

mongers

All the newspaper are reporting Moyes is set to go, possibly tomorrow or when it best for the markets.

Ed Anger

Does he get to keep that stupid Chosen One banner?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive