Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 07, 2014, 01:24:22 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on April 07, 2014, 01:17:22 PM
Hopefully an FA Cup can tide the fans over after a 5th place finish.  :mellow:
I think Arsenal are still more likely to get 4th.

But will Wenger carry on?

One-Nil To The Arsenal.

Three-Nil Against Arsenal.

I think his work is done.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

celedhring

Quote from: Syt on April 07, 2014, 11:33:23 AM
It appears that I will be in Barcelona on the last weekend of October. In case that Barcelona has a home match that evening, how far in advance would it be advisable to buy a ticket?

It really depends on the opposition. For most games you can easily find tickets up to the day of the match as ST holders release their seats. The Camp Nou rarely fills up, it's huge.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 07, 2014, 01:24:22 PM
Hopefully an FA Cup can tide the fans over after a 5th place finish.  :mellow:
I think Arsenal are still more likely to get 4th.

But will Wenger carry on?

I hope he stays for another season or two.  Preferably, he announces his retirement many months prior to actually leaving, so the club has suitable time to find a worthy successor.

Earlier in the season when Arsenal were flying and looked amazing I had an inkling of intuition that he would leave if Arsenal won the league this season. I suspect he'll give it one more try.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Syt

Quote from: celedhring on April 07, 2014, 01:43:03 PM
Quote from: Syt on April 07, 2014, 11:33:23 AM
It appears that I will be in Barcelona on the last weekend of October. In case that Barcelona has a home match that evening, how far in advance would it be advisable to buy a ticket?

It really depends on the opposition. For most games you can easily find tickets up to the day of the match as ST holders release their seats. The Camp Nou rarely fills up, it's huge.
:thumbsup:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Warspite

That said, following this collapse, I expect he'll buy big this summer. Striker, midfielder, and defender.

:lmfao:
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

FunkMonk

celedhring

We'll buy big this summer you'll see...

Oh wai--  :Embarrass:

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

FunkMonk

I forgot it's a World Cup year so prices will be even more inflated than usual. :bleeding:

Liep

Good games tonight, though it appears Real Madrid is missing.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

FunkMonk

Liverpool winning the league the season after Ferguson retired would be funny.

Josquius

Any idea what today's premier kickoff times are 3.07?
██████
██████
██████

Liep

Quote from: Tyr on April 12, 2014, 03:24:33 AM
Any idea what today's premier kickoff times are 3.07?

Hillsborough.

Norgy

mongers

Quote from: FunkMonk on April 10, 2014, 10:59:51 AM
Liverpool winning the league the season after Ferguson retired would be funny.

No Man City will win it by a point or goal difference, so Liverpool fans can revel in the feeling of being cheated Again.  :D
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"