Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

All of those look tasty to watch.

Especially Man Utd and Bayern.  :menace: :lmfao:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Syt

QuoteMoscow is facing a raft of sanctions from the US and EU, but Fifa President Sepp Blatter tells the BBC's Alex Capstick that there are no plans to take the 2018 World Cup away from Russia: "This World Cup has been paid for by voted to Russia and we are going forward with it," he says
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josquius

So that's Chelsea winning the league then. Shame, I was looking forward to it being someone new for a change- Liverpool have more novelty but Arsenal are less cuntish.
██████
██████
██████

Liep

I feel bad for Wenger, no one deserves that in their 1000th game.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Warspite

" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

FunkMonk

I stopped watching after the third goal. :bleeding:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Syt

Bayern Munich is unbeaten in 51 league games in a row. Of those 51 games, 45 are wins. They've now won 18 games in a row.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Warspite

Quote from: Syt on March 22, 2014, 11:30:35 AM
Bayern Munich is unbeaten in 51 league games in a row. Of those 51 games, 45 are wins. They've now won 18 games in a row.

I've noticed all those 'The Bundesliga is so competitive; isn't German football wonderful and perfect?" editorials in British newspapers have stopped.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Josephus

Quote from: Tyr on March 22, 2014, 09:04:52 AM
So that's Chelsea winning the league then. Shame, I was looking forward to it being someone new for a change- Liverpool have more novelty but Arsenal are less cuntish.

Not so fast, Liverpool have a fair argument to make. As do City.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tyr on March 22, 2014, 09:04:52 AM
Don't even joke about Liverpool winning the league :weep:  :yucky:
Let's bomb Russia!

Zanza

Quote from: Warspite on March 22, 2014, 11:33:45 AM
I've noticed all those 'The Bundesliga is so competitive; isn't German football wonderful and perfect?" editorials in British newspapers have stopped.
The other 17 teams are fairly competitive. ;) But Bayern almost literally play in a league of its own. Will be interesting to see how they do in the CL this year. I expect them to win against ManU at least.

Viking

Quote from: Warspite on March 22, 2014, 11:33:45 AM
Quote from: Syt on March 22, 2014, 11:30:35 AM

It's basically like the scottish league now that rangers are still climbing back up.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

PDH

What is interesting is that the 2-4 teams (at least) do well in international play, at least decently play in the group stages.  That means Bayern Munich is just that much better.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM