News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Richard Møller Nielsen died today. :( The coach who lead the national team to victories in the EC '92 and Confederations Cup in '95.

RIP.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Valmy

Quote from: Liep on February 13, 2014, 09:43:56 AM
Richard Møller Nielsen died today. :( The coach who lead the national team to victories in the EC '92 and Confederations Cup in '95.

RIP.

:( RIP mighty leader of Vikings.

However you are not allowed to be happy about the Confederations Cup, I was informed when I got excited about the US making the finals in 2009 that nobody cares about it and I was a yankee doofus for thinking that mattered.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Liep

It was named something different, after a Saudi Arabian sheik iirc. But anyhoo, winning 2-0 against Argentina in a glorious game in the heat is something that mattered for us. And it still does, even if it has that club world championship vibe, a tournament I've never watched and never will watch.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josquius

Quote from: celedhring on February 13, 2014, 08:18:40 AM
Some materials leaked over at the Palm Beach Post suggest that one of the discussed names for Beckham's Miami MLS franchise is...

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/caneswatch/2014/02mi-david-beckham-mls-team-name-logos-kit/

Make it happen.  :cool:

Wait...one of their colours is green?
That's a rarity.
██████
██████
██████

Warspite

" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Liep

17 or 41? What age is Joseph Minala, the youth player from Lazio. This picture looks photoshopped, like someone took the head of a 41 year old and put it on a younger body.

celedhring

Picture isn't shopped at all, google his name and you'll see that's certainly his head.

About his real age, dunno. I don't think he's 41, his body seems youthful enough in all the pics I have seen. He might just have some really bad skin/features.

alfred russel

Quote from: Tyr on February 13, 2014, 10:01:12 AM
That's a rarity.

Green/Teal isn't uncommon for sports teams in Miami.

Did anyone see this:

http://www.bobsblitz.com/2014/02/soccer-player-scores-headbutts-through.html

Awesome. I don't get the red card though.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Liep

Quote from: alfred russel on February 14, 2014, 11:36:50 AM
That's a rarity.

Did anyone see this:

It's the douchebag rule, perfectly acceptable card.

FunkMonk

Quote from: alfred russel on February 14, 2014, 11:36:50 AM
That's a rarity.

Did anyone see this:

:lmfao:

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Ed Anger

I see Greg Oden is playing for Lazio now.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josephus

Did I mention Toronto FC now also has Brazil's No. 1 goalkeeper?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josquius

Quote from: Josephus on February 14, 2014, 07:20:41 PM
Did I mention Toronto FC now also has Brazil's No. 1 goalkeeper?
That's like saying the local whorehouse has Scotland's hottest woman.
That may be so. But hot women are hardly what Scotland is known for. :p
██████
██████
██████

Josephus

Too early in the a.m. for me to figure out that metaphor.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josephus

Although I have been in Scotland and did make an observation about the women there. They all had huge breasts. The weren't particularly pretty. And all the 16 year olds were wheeling babies in prams.
Civis Romanus Sum