News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

He's a wonderful, wonderful man :wub:

It's a pretty interesting listen actually.
Let's bomb Russia!

Josephus

And Toronto FC's newest striker just scores for Spurs
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

celedhring

Was reading a writeup on the current ownership crisis at Southampton (http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/25755711) and I stumbled upon this bit:

Then the 45-year-old focused on the environment. Now, when Southampton travel away from home, the hotel is often booked for two nights rather than one. On the first night, club staff arrive and clean the already pristine rooms. They vacuum up every particle of dust that might cause illness or carry a bug. Then bespoke mattresses are placed on each bed, tailored to each player. The duvets, the pillow cases and the sheets are washed and ironed by the club, using the same washing powder and the same methods. Wherever the players are, their bed smells and feels the same.

Is Howard Huges the Saints' director of football?

Admiral Yi

Mr. Posh Spice is trying to get a MLS franchise going in Miami.

katmai

Yep part of his contract when he first signed with MLS had provision about ownership of team.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

FunkMonk

Mata to Manchester United for £40 million.  :hmm:

katmai

Quote from: FunkMonk on January 22, 2014, 11:41:22 AM
Mata to Manchester United for £40 million.  :hmm:

not surprised at all.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Tamas

Tamas

FunkMonk

Mata is a great player but I'm not convinced that he alone will propel United to fourth place. Also, I wonder what Mourinho is thinking, if this is at all true.

Josquius

I woke up at 4am to watch the Man Utd-Sunderland game today. I dozed during a lot of it. Kept having dreams it was over and Sunderland had lost.
I was wide awake for Sunderland's equaliser and just knew it wouldn't last...and it didn't.
It went to penalties and I thought it was story of my life; teams I supprot never win on penalties.
Both teams turned out to be utterly crap at the penalties and our keeper, no doubt more warmed up than Mna Utds, was the difference that put us through.
So....Sunderland in the final :w00t:
Now I just have to hope any teams playing Man City next month kick them to bits and Sunderland's form keeps up.
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Of course the downside is you've now got Europa League next year.

As an outsider it's great though :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!