News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maladict

Quote from: Liep on December 11, 2013, 04:57:47 PM
Italy must be disappointed with being behind the other big 3.

They should be happy, Milan only just made it  :(

Liep

We get to keep Morten Olsen for another 3 years. Oh joy.

The only games I remember fondly with him as coach are the games against Sweden, the first in EC '04 that ended 2-2 and saw Italy booted. :P to Pedrito.

The second was the 0-3 loss. It was good because we came back from 0-3 to 3-3 and it was on my birthday. One of the most exciting finishes I've ever seen, but in the 89th minute a jackass (Poulsen) stomach punched a Swede in the penalty area and in the following chaos another jackass (spectator) punched the ref in the face giving us an administrative loss of 0-3.

So, in conclusion, another sucky 3 years for our national side. :weep:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Ed Anger

I enjoyed that Liverpool game.  :)

Then I took a glorious 2 hour nap.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Liep

Villas-Boas is out. I guess 0-6 and 0-5 was one humiliation too much for Tottenham.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Liep on December 16, 2013, 06:55:06 AM
Villas-Boas is out. I guess 0-6 and 0-5 was one humiliation too much for Tottenham.

Well, Porto could use another coach...

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Josephus

Bah. L'pool fall from first to fifth in less than a week.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

FunkMonk

Big Nik Bendtner strikes again.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Liep

Quote from: FunkMonk on January 01, 2014, 01:53:38 PM
Big Nik Bendtner strikes again.

Hey! That's my line. Is this the 2nd time in one season he had to be substituted following a goal? Is he eyeing a record here?

Liep

196,000 tweets about Bendtner yesterday. Now I just need a tabloid to make a frontpage with a "good" headline and he's my new avatar.

Josquius

I'm just thinking today...how often do teams sign players for the marketing opportunities in their home country?
Its an obvious bonus with many but I'm wondering how often it will interfere with decision making so that a slightly less good player from a commercially better country will be signed.
This comes to mind as I'm watching Milan play on Japanese TV. Its rare for a game to be on non-paid TV, but Milan have just signed Keisuke Honda, one of the most popular Japanese players. The guy isn't even playing today, he's just sitting in the stands and watching, but the camera still constantly goes to him.
██████
██████
██████

Warspite

Bloody hell, Walcott's out for six months  :(
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Josephus

Quote from: Warspite on January 06, 2014, 01:40:55 PM
Bloody hell, Walcott's out for six months  :(

And any slim hope of England getting past Italy, Uruguay and, um, the other team, go right out the window now.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

FunkMonk

Guess Wengy will buy another striker now.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Liep

Nah, Bendtner will be back soon.