News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warspite

" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

FunkMonk

Arsenal own. Everton own. Luis Suarez owns.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

FunkMonk

They released the Suarez. Four goals and each of them were great and hilarious. It's ridiculous how good he is.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

FunkMonk

Maladict

WC draw today.
France weaseled their way out of pot 2, of course.  <_<

Pot One: Argentina, Brazil, Belgium, Colombia, Germany, Spain, Switzerland, Uruguay

Pot Two: Ivory Coast, Ghana, Algeria, Nigeria, Cameroon, Chile, Ecuador

Pot Three: US, Japan, Iran, South Korea, Australia, Mexico, Costa Rica and Honduras

Pot Four: Bosnia-Herzegovina, Croatia, England, France, Greece, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Russia

Pot Four is comprised of nine unseeded UEFA nations. During Friday's draw one of these teams will be placed into Pot Two.

Pots 1 and 4 look about equally strong actually. Could make for a horrendous group of death.

Liep

The Group of Death-by-Boredom: Switzerland, Iran, Algeria & Greece.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Liep on December 06, 2013, 06:18:27 AM
The Group of Death-by-Boredom: Switzerland, Iran, Algeria & Greece.

I laughed.

Josquius

The rankings system really is daft
██████
██████
██████

Maladict

Brazil, Italy, USA, Portugal  :mmm:

Syt

When/how/why did Belgium become a Pot 1 team?  :huh:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Larch

Quote from: Syt on December 06, 2013, 10:01:52 AM
When/how/why did Belgium become a Pot 1 team?  :huh:

They've been very strong in the last couple of years and have a very talented and young squad. They should be a team to watch for in the foreseeable future.