News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maladict

Especially if they draw Portugal  :)

That said, I'd rather hope Portugal draw France.

Josephus

Eng-er-land!

Just qualified for the world cup. Now follows eight months of english media building them up to be the best team evah!...only to see them get knocked out in the first round.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

katmai

annoyed i'm suppose to buy ppv to watch the panama game.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Sheilbh

Quote from: Josephus on October 15, 2013, 06:15:43 PM
Just qualified for the world cup. Now follows eight months of english media building them up to be the best team evah!.
I doubt it.
Let's bomb Russia!

Josephus

Quote from: Sheilbh on October 15, 2013, 06:29:52 PM
Quote from: Josephus on October 15, 2013, 06:15:43 PM
Just qualified for the world cup. Now follows eight months of english media building them up to be the best team evah!.
I doubt it.

They tend to do that before every world cup. wait and see.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

katmai

katmai

Quote from: katmai on October 15, 2013, 10:18:04 PM
Buh Bye Mexico!

I guess they can thank Zusi for keeping them alive!

Sheilbh

Quote from: Josephus on October 15, 2013, 10:01:02 PM
Not really. They normally talk about a Semi-Final and maybe, just maybe reaching the final.

I doubt even that'll happen this year because of this team, Roy Hodgson and 2010. Expectations are pretty low and I don't think they'll get out of control. There wasn't any pressure really in Euro 2012.

The previous few tournaments were the 'golden generation' and a lot of hope on the managers.
Let's bomb Russia!

FunkMonk

Didn't get to see the game but just saw the CONCACAF scores.

So Mexico loses to Costa Rica in a MUST WIN OMGGGG but still makes the playoff spot because two stoppage time USA goals knock Panama out of fourth? Incredible :lmfao: :lmfao:  :lmfao:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Sheilbh on October 15, 2013, 10:36:30 PM
Not really. They normally talk about a Semi-Final and maybe, just maybe reaching the final.

I doubt even that'll happen this year because of this team, Roy Hodgson and 2010. Expectations are pretty low and I don't think they'll get out of control. There wasn't any pressure really in Euro 2012.

The previous few tournaments were the 'golden generation' and a lot of hope on the managers.

Ironically, when expectations are at their lowest, England will make the Final.  :P

Sheilbh

Quote from: FunkMonk on October 15, 2013, 11:34:46 PM
Ironically, when expectations are at their lowest, England will make the Final.  :P
Don't tell Jos, but that's the plan  :ph34r: :P
Let's bomb Russia!

FunkMonk

http://youtu.be/oz1XhaBT45I

Mexican commentary of the US goal putting Mexico into the playoff against New Zealand.   :D

Admiral Yi

:lol:

What was he saying about the pants after the 3rd US goal?

Gups

They didn't last time. Or the time before. Or the time before that. 98 was the last time I remember anyone actually suggesting we had a chance.

General consensus is that the quarters are par for us.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Maladict on October 15, 2013, 09:17:13 AM
Especially if they draw Portugal  :)

That said, I'd rather hope Portugal draw France.

Having Platini at the UEFA would help in this case I guess. ;)
As for Portugal, the tie with Israel really hurt specially since Azerbainja managed to tie at the 90th. Of course, had Portugal won vs Israel, the Russians would have been more motivated...
Third play-offs in a row for Portugal.