News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: FunkMonk on August 05, 2013, 12:50:36 PM
NBC, in anticipation of millions of new American soccer fans following their first season of English Premier League coverage, created this: Premier League Pick a Side

I eagerly await the newly formed legions of my fellow American plastics.  :bowler: :bowler: :bowler:

It gave me Man U.  I don't think so.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Viking

Quote from: Valmy on August 06, 2013, 04:26:51 PM
Ok so...if I were to live in the Ellesmere Port area which club would I be supporting?  Everton?  Liverpool?  Other?

And I mean Premier League not whatever two bit local bunch I would be watching.

Since anfield and goodison park are almost next to each other and on the far side of the liverpool area you can pick either.. or.. wrexham in the welsh league  :lol:

but pick a side

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merseyside_derby

basically they both fish in the same pond, so... blue or red?

edit: if you still can't decide.. go for the "friendly derby" trope, get your significant other or some person you truly care about, get them to pick one and then go for the other.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

katmai

Quote from: Barrister on August 06, 2013, 04:37:34 PM
NBC, in anticipation of millions of new American soccer fans following their first season of English Premier League coverage, created this: Premier League Pick a Side

I eagerly await the newly formed legions of my fellow American plastics.  :bowler: :bowler: :bowler:

Gave me Arsenal :)
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Sheilbh

Quote from: Valmy on August 06, 2013, 02:48:34 PM
Quote from: Tyr on August 05, 2013, 02:44:35 PM
Surely tracing your family / local history to whichever region if England is the correct way to go. :bowler:

That would mean I would have to be a Liverpool fan :(
Or Everton :w00t: :hug:
Let's bomb Russia!

FunkMonk

NBC Sports Network is showing a program tonight designed to help your average Joe Shmoe American figure out which Premier League club to support. Hopefully everyone chooses Cardiff or Hull.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

dps

Quote from: katmai on August 06, 2013, 04:41:25 PM

I got Chelsea.  But, you know, NBC Sports sucks.

Liep

Last season's one and two are playing each other today, their current position are last and second last. Great show it will be!
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Jacob

Quote from: Liep on August 11, 2013, 11:21:48 AM
Last season's one and two are playing each other today, their current position are last and second last. Great show it will be!

What happened with FCK?

Liep

Quote from: Jacob on August 11, 2013, 11:57:49 AM
Quote from: Liep on August 11, 2013, 11:21:48 AM

What happened with FCK?
They lost three in a row. Fan outrage followed.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

It ended 2-2 with the last goal scored by a rather spectacular bicycle kick by Nordstrand.

FunkMonk

Altidore can't stop scoring.  :o Hat trick and an assist lol

Hopefully Sunderland don't ruin him.  :bowler:

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Admiral Yi

Nice.

Is that for Sunderland or for Oosa?

HVC

Quote from: katmai on August 06, 2013, 04:41:25 PM

it gave me Chelsea :(
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.