News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Yeah he was known as being good regular season player, but in the MLS playoffs or other big games he seemed to disappear.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

FunkMonk

Our Brave American Lads are up against the Honduran hordes today in the Gold Cup Semifinal.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

katmai

katmai

Liep

The female national team lucked their way into a quarter final (by winning a draw) and narrowly beat the French in a penalty shootout.

Finding themselves somewhat in the spotlight from sports journalists coming of a Tour de France high I hope they can find it in them to lose in fashion so the poor Danish nation won't be gripped with female soccer fever. Pray for us. And Heja Norge!
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

FunkMonk

Quote from: katmai on July 24, 2013, 06:17:02 PM
Goooooooal!

The US has been playing so much better over the past three months. The progression is amazing. I wonder if it's the Klinsmann factor.  :hmm:

katmai

Heh, the podcast i was listening to right before the match was cautioning folks to remember this was Belize, Cuba and El Salvador for half of this win streak :P

FunkMonk

Yeah that's definitely a factor.  :lol:

It's still nice to see them manhandle teams they SHOULD be dismantling and not stumbling towards a 1-1 draw against teams fielding semi-pros.

FunkMonk

Klinsmann sent to the stands. He is truly an American hero now.

PDH

US looked good, good movement and energy.  Of course, the goal given up was on a set piece...the team's continued weakness...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Valmy

http://concacaf.globalsportsmedia.com/page.php?sport=soccer&language_id=us&page=tournament&view=match&match_id=1459920

Panama 2 Mexico 1

:nelson:

The Championship is within our grasp.

Edit: I looked it up, this is the first time in 22 years Mexico has not reached the Gold Cup finals  :lol:

Ah CONCACAF and your fierce competition.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josephus

i stopped following after after Canada lost to Guadeloupe.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

katmai

Quote from: Josephus on July 25, 2013, 05:42:05 PM

The Canadian team wasn't very good.

Josephus

Quote from: katmai on July 25, 2013, 05:48:10 PM
Quote from: Josephus on July 25, 2013, 05:42:05 PM

The Canadian team wasn't very good.

Yeah....no shit  :D
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Liep

So after making headlines that they didn't make headlines even if they were in the EC semi final the Danish female national team lost to Norway, and now won't be making any headlines, still.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk