And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

katmai

Just a little  snow at USA v Costa Rica match tonight.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

FunkMonk

I didn't get to watch the match. How did the US look katmai?

Also, LOL @ Spain.

katmai

You know the weather was so shitty hard to gauge the Team.
From the 20/25min mark of 1st half they had to give up any semblance  of playing like Klinsmann wanted them and just play long balls as the field conditions were so bad. The announcers mentioned that during course of game had about 6 inches of snow fall, and forecast had it suppose to snow for 12 more hours, so would have been hard pressed to get game in today if the Referees had  suspended play.

Beasley looked good at left back, Altidore was dominating when they could get ball to him.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

The Larch

Quote from: FunkMonk on March 23, 2013, 07:28:35 AMAlso, LOL @ Spain.[/quote

Hod-damn is this team frustrating at times. 9 guys at the back? We'll attack through the centre ALL THE TIME LOL.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: katmai on March 23, 2013, 12:23:04 AM

This is what Beeb looks like in court.  Without the tattoos.

Liep

The tabloids are in chock that we're behind against Bulgaria after having controlled the game. A decade without a capable striker was suddenly forgotten when we won 3-0 against the Czechs last week.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Zanza

Germany has played both games against Khazakstan without a striker, but with four offensive midfielders (Özil, Müller, Götze, Reus).

dps

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 23, 2013, 04:23:46 PM
Quote from: katmai on March 23, 2013, 12:23:04 AM

This is what Beeb looks like in court.  Without the tattoos.

Well, if he wear that USA jersey in court, it certainly explains why the Canadian judges rule against him all the time.  And here I thought he was just incompetent.   ;)

EDIT:  BTW, Costa Rica is petitioning FIFA to have the qualifier replayed.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Zanza on March 26, 2013, 03:50:33 PM
Germany has played both games against Khazakstan without a striker, but with four offensive midfielders (Özil, Müller, Götze, Reus).
The new Spain :o :ph34r:
Let's bomb Russia!

FunkMonk

lustindarkness

Quote from: FunkMonk on March 26, 2013, 09:27:29 PM
MEXICO & USA

GAMEON

I hope I can stay awake for the whole thing.
Futbol day for me. Nina had soccer practice, then we went to the high school game and know watching USA/MX match.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

The Larch

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 26, 2013, 07:39:47 PM
Quote from: Zanza on March 26, 2013, 03:50:33 PM
The new Spain :o :ph34r:

Can't Müller play as a striker? Anyway, we did that strikerless thingie yesterday against France just after scoring the only goal of the game, taking Villa out for Cesc, and it became a huge drag.

Zanza

Müller is not really a central striker. I guess he and Reus qualify as wingers.

Valmy

Quote from: lustindarkness on March 26, 2013, 10:10:48 PM
I hope I can stay awake for the whole thing.
Futbol day for me. Nina had soccer practice, then we went to the high school game and know watching USA/MX match.

And it was a glorious result!  A point in Mexico City!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."