Ed Anger

I give my verdict on Gus Johnson on Fox:

He just ain't ready.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

FunkMonk

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 24, 2013, 11:23:30 AM
I give my verdict on Gus Johnson on Fox:

He just ain't ready.

It's weird hearing his voice and he often doesn't seem to know when to sound excited and when to sound GUS JOHNSON-excited. He really needs a good co-commentator to pick up his slack.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 24, 2013, 11:22:07 AM
League Cup final's on Sky and it's cold outside. Both disappoint me :(

Swansea  :)

Josquius

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 24, 2013, 11:22:07 AM
League Cup final's on Sky and it's cold outside. Both disappoint me :(

I didn't watch it but I am quite happy that two no-name teams were competing.

Though I guess that does kind of show how worthless that cup has become :(
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Think I heard that Tottenham got relegated?

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Josephus

No comments on the call? No one? The controversial call in the women's Olympics game got more discussion than this...[although I contributed most of that as well].
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

FunkMonk

Quote from: Josephus on March 05, 2013, 08:03:47 PM
No comments on the call? No one? The controversial call in the women's Olympics game got more discussion than this...[although I contributed most of that as well].

I saw it and laughed at Nani.

I'd say red was a fair enough decision. Referee made a judgement call there on the intent of the player and it was a very dangerous foul.

What I really enjoyed about the call was all the whining and moaning about it from the folks on Fox Soccer. I'm glad that channel is going away soon because I've grown to loathe everyone on it.  Even Brian McBride.  :(

Sheilbh

Roy Keane said it was a red card. Which makes me think it probably was.
Let's bomb Russia!

Josephus

Yeah, I'm half-half on it. But I'm leaning towards it was deserved. It was a dangerous play. Intent or not, it was a studs up tackle.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

FunkMonk

Warspite

Looked like a yellow at most, and was definitely not a red for me. Even the Madrid players weren't demanding a card. A big clue about whether a sending off is deserved or not is when the opposing team are surprised.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

FunkMonk

To me the foul exists in that space between yellow and red, where 75% of the time the ref will show yellow and the remainder a red. When I initially saw it I thought a yellow myself, but I can easily see a referee giving a red card.

Liep

Milan needs to learn not to loose the ball to Iniesta in the midfield.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk