And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Josephus

Not surprised. Abra is quick on that trigger. And apparently there was some blowout in the dressing room after the loss to Brom on the weekend. Not sure who's gonna want that job now.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

celedhring

Abramovic is blatantly going to try to fish Mou or Guardiola this summer, can't think of anybody reliable wanting to take what's essentially a 7 month temp job.

Tamas

Quote from: celedhring on November 21, 2012, 10:32:33 AM
Abramovic is blatantly going to try to fish Mou or Guardiola this summer, can't think of anybody reliable wanting to take what's essentially a 7 month temp job.

Well, at least they would know the signs now, and start packing when Abra buys the next burned out old striker.

Everything was fine with Mourinho and Chelse until Shevchenko arrived. He was in no shape to be first choice for a PL contender of course, but Abra wouldn't let him be sidelined. Now probably the same with Torres. One game without Torres as starter lost, and Di Matteo is gone. Coincidence?

celedhring

I see a lot of English media are running the story that Rafa Benítez as a frontrunner. That would be an awful appointment. I still rate him despite his late Liverpool and Inter stints, but the current Chelsea squad doesn't fit his style at all.

FunkMonk

Quote from: celedhring on November 21, 2012, 11:12:38 AM
I see a lot of English media are running the story that Rafa Benítez as a frontrunner. That would be an awful appointment. I still rate him despite his late Liverpool and Inter stints, but the current Chelsea squad doesn't fit his style at all.

I suspect he'll just get dismissed next summer when Roman dumps a truck load of money on Pep when his sabbatical is up. :D
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Gups

Pep's not going to go there.

Abra has never liked RdeM, it was obvious he'd get sacked as soon as the opoprtunity presented itself.

Rafe was terrible towards the end at L'pool spunking money on 2nd rate players and falling out with core players like Alonso. God only knows what devastation he'd wreck on Chel$cum. Hope he gets the job.

Rednapp would be a good appointment for Abra. Light touch, mainly in it for the money, will take orders, gives good deadline day.

Josephus

Rednapp is apparently in talks with Ukraine for the national team.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Tamas

If Abra keeps this speed up, I should be lining up for the job in about 10 years :P

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

katmai

Rafa it is. Let's see if he can last longer than the last two.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Liep

Quote from: katmai on November 21, 2012, 04:03:00 PM
Rafa it is. Let's see if he can last longer than the last two.
This'll be interesting.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josephus

18-month contract. I say it will be over by May :D
Civis Romanus Sum

katmai

There is hope for us all!!!!!1
QuoteThose who have been ensconced in the unrelenting grasp of a Football manger addiction will know that it can rob you of time, sustenance and all social interaction for extended periods of time. (But the feeling of winning the Europa League with Aldershot Town in a few seasons is totally worth it.)

Fans of the popular management simulation game will be pleased to hear that the man hours skills acquired while playing have finally been validated by some kind of real world application.

A 21-year-old named Vugar Guloglan oglu Huseynzade has been working in an advisory position with Azerbaijani Premier League side FC Baku since February. But with only Football Manager experience to his name, Huseynzade succeeded where other have failed by being awarded the manager's job. He told Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet (quote via Eurosport):

"I've always wanted to work in football and have played Football Manager since 2002."

According to globo.com, Huseynzade beat candidates such as 1991 European Footballer of the Year Jean-Pierre Papin to the job, even though the Frenchman has actually managed several real teams.

The youngster is aiming for Europa League qualification, but will have his work cut out for him with Baku teetering over the Azerbaijan Premier League relegation spots. And with actually having to talk to people and go outside.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Josquius

██████
██████
██████